Community > Posts By > dpressley2000

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 03:11 PM
I am not used to replying to these forums,but, I was reading Rainbows responses and felt I should. I also lost a son and husband. I knew my husband was terminally ill but kept hoping for eight and a half years that things would be better.
On the last day of his life he said" Please don't grieve for me. Go on with your life. I'll have no more pain and I will be at peace. My last wish is that you will be at peace."
Altho I loved this man better than life itself, I when on raising kids and all the normal things in life. I grieved in my own way but thought about my husbands last words. It did give me peace. Altho I will never forget him, I know he will never suffer anymore.
My son was killed at age 16 in an automobile accident. Unidentifiable. To lose a mate is heartbreaking: to lose a child is devastating.
So, I know your pain. It's the good memories that sustain us.

no photo
Tue 01/29/08 04:25 PM
Why is it every available man is either too far away..they don't want or like kids...or they are too young? Are there any good men out there from Alabama around 60 (young 60)that really enjoys life and still knows how to have fun?