Community > Posts By > Tanna

Tanna's photo
Mon 09/03/07 06:18 PM
I'm sorry...... We up here in Yooperland call anyone who lives downstate trolls...... you know... you live below the bridge...

Tanna's photo
Mon 09/03/07 05:38 PM
I hadn't realised until I moved downstate 10 years ago that most people down there had no idea why we called them trolls...

Tanna's photo
Mon 09/03/07 02:31 PM
thank you kingbreeze! How are things in the land of the Trolls?

Tanna's photo
Mon 09/03/07 02:23 PM
cutelildevilsmom - I have a panic/anxiety disorder also.... but that has also gotten better when the stress levels went down... dicovered that the fear of an attack was acutally causing attacks.

Tanna's photo
Mon 09/03/07 02:11 PM
unsure - flowerforyou I'm happy for your good news!! That is great!!

Tanna's photo
Mon 09/03/07 02:03 PM
I was born and raised a Yooper.... and am now living back in Yooperland..... are there any men up here that aren't married, don't have a bar-stool attached to their ass, or can show affection to anything other than their guns?? If so I'd love to know where your hiding!! :tongue:

Tanna's photo
Sun 09/02/07 10:23 PM
I can't say that I'm happy to see so many people with similar problems... but I am happy to see that you are talking about them. I skimmed throught all the posts and would like to add my 2 cents.

Exercise...... do what you can, when you can... you have to keep moving!!! water therapy is great... if nothing else, go to the YMCA and walk in the pool.... Swimming saved me!!!!

Neurontin.... It's an anti-seizure medication that is also used to treat nerve disorders. It was wonderful!!! but I gained 50lbs in 2 months..... it wasn't worth it to me, but I miss being able to feel my hands and feet!

Flexeril - Ask your doctor if the dosage you are taking is the re-formulated "version" the old one was great as a sleep aide... but the new one is non-drowsy (which is great during the day!)

relaxation and muscle pain relief - bath water as hot as you can stand it.... a box of epsom salts.... and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. Do this only when you have time to sleep afterwards because it can REALLY make your muscles rubbery! This is Dr. approved... apparently it oxiginates your muscles... it works for me!!!!!!

Tanna's photo
Sun 09/02/07 10:05 PM
purplecat... I can trace my symptoms back to my early teens... but like you it took a shock to my system for it to really hit me. I was diagnosed 6 years ago... and have a LONG list of things I DON'T have, because they had no idea what I did have and tested me for everything!

catchme_ifucan.... I will go check it out! Thank you

Tanna's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:31 PM
bookworm.... I can see where your coming from... but on the otherhand, aren't you setting yourself up for a fall if you get to that point and then he bolts?

Tanna's photo
Sun 09/02/07 09:24 PM
Oh wow! Thank you all!!

I am actually doing really good right now.... I really didn't know how much stress was affecting me physically until I got out of my marriage... and I had been WAY over-medicated!

Purplecat.... you and I both know we are not 'damaged goods'... but it is frustrating to try explaining to someone what fibro is and what it does.... because we 'look fine'. How long ago were you diagnosed? (I also have a 16 year old daughter that is showing all the early signs and symptoms)

Tanna's photo
Sun 09/02/07 08:30 PM
I need some help on a rather sensative subject. I have fibromyalgia. It is a chronic muscular disease... I will never be 'cured'.. but it wont kill me either.

I lead a fairly normal life... I have limitations, but I work full time and am raising my children. A lot of people don't know there is anything wrong with me unless I tell them.

Here's the problem.... when do I tell a date/possible date about this?

I have been divorced for just over a year (my ex couldn't deal with my illness), and have just started dipping my toes back in the dating pool. One date I had was upset that I hadn't told him before we went out and the one I told, cancled the date. I'm almost tempted to just not say anything.... any thoughts?

1 3 Next