Community > Posts By > justirish

justirish's photo
Mon 07/28/08 05:19 PM
I thought everyone in this state hibernated except in the months of June, July and August. LOL

justirish's photo
Mon 07/28/08 05:16 PM
Well since I am originally from the south neither spartans nor wolverines tickle my fancy LOL however, both towns are great and I have always met wonderful people and had great times there!

justirish's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:54 PM
I was just about to move down there myself...still might, just had to put some things on hold. Well East Lansing that is...pretty nice town. I love the college atmosphere. Its what I am used to. I just moved here from Stillwater, OK home to OSU.

justirish's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:52 PM
I have to agree with TxSixStringS when he said that people in the south are more open minded and nicer.

I am from the south, super friendly and I talk to everyone. Its just how I was raised. Never to judge, just listen.

Moving here was a huge adjustment. People are not as friendly, I have met some very rude and nasty people that I have had to cut out of my life, and people (just the ones I have run into while here, not judging the whole state) just are not quite as open about things or chatter friendly like they are in the south.

When I go in to a store or a resteraunt and start talking to the person they look at me like I got issues. I am just trying to be friendly.

In the south, we do that every place we go.

I tell you, a smile, a hello how are you will go a long way.

And the weather was a huge adjustment for me as well...but thats a whole other post!
LOL

justirish's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:48 PM
waving

justirish's photo
Sun 07/27/08 04:45 PM
Hello everyone, I don't know why I have not posted sooner. I have been in Michigan for a year now. Pretty much exactly a year now. Due to a divorce. Moved here from Oklahoma, where I was raised. I was born here in MI. Anyway, I am just looking to meet some new friends to talk to, chat with, get to know. Seems like it would be easy for someone like me who is so outgoing, but it really has not been as easy as I had hoped. So, if any of you out there dont mind a new friend in your life, my profile is an open book, feel free to read it and message me if you like!

Chrys

justirish's photo
Tue 01/01/08 09:11 AM
Sometimes being in the closet is fun LOL
Hi my name is Chrys *raises hand and waves* and I am a chronic lurker laugh

justirish's photo
Tue 01/01/08 09:09 AM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones, can drink like a fish (must be the irish in me) and dont get the hangover effects. But I also drink a lot of water in between drinks to stay hydrated. My problem is I am a muncher when I drink, so I tend to have a stomach ache the next day, nothing a little alka seltzer cant cure!

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

justirish's photo
Thu 09/27/07 08:49 AM
Am I the only one who gets really bothered by profiles that say things like "want to know more, just ask" or "I hate talking about myself" and those are the only lines they have in the profile. Or what about their instead of there, or whose instead of who's and ur instead of you are or your. Or just words not written correctly that a First grader can do better. Does this bug anyone else besides me? I mean, I can understand a typo here and there. But really, some words have no excuse for being spelled wrong. Nothing bothers me more then getting a mail from someone that says Hi Their, nice smile, how r u? Please I took the time to write a nice profile, please (not plz) take the time to write me a nice letter. Is that so much to ask? Or to those that wonder why they are not getting any action on the profile they have, this could be why.

Ok, rant over...steps off soapbox.

Chrys

justirish's photo
Fri 09/21/07 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

justirish's photo
Thu 09/20/07 07:58 PM
So, I have been here a few weeks now and have yet to come by and introduce myself and say hello! So here I am. ~waves~

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your time on JSH

Chrys

2 Next