Community > Posts By > Varias

Varias's photo
Fri 05/28/10 11:53 PM
Maybe a broader head? From the front, the legs kind of take most of the visual real estate.

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 10:25 PM
I see. I don't have much experience with Dark Basic. How is it in terms of language?

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 10:13 PM
Do you have an engine built already?

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 09:23 PM
I suppose that's a very conservative approach to it. Definitely excited to see some screen shots!

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 09:02 PM
Which is indeed a boon, owning your own servers has its ups and downs as well. What I'm trying to get at is that hosting programs such as Steam, XBLIG, Android Market, etc pays for itself. It costs minimal to sign up, if anything at all. And for a fair cut of the gross price, you get basically a small amount of advertisement, and potentially even more via word of mouth through the service. If you intend to make money off of the game, you'd be doing yourself a great disservice not to use these mediums on top of your own methods of sale.

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 08:02 PM
Well the benefit to say, XBox Live Indie Games is that you have direct frontage for your game. Much with the same for Windows Phone Series, Android, iPhone, etc. Yes, you still have to advertise, but you don't have to worry about hosting and you always have a chance of "off the street" trials.

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 07:20 PM
Oh, I see now. Sorry about that. What platforms are you releasing on?

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 06:06 PM

the main issue not is getting the legs right, i may delete them and redo it ha. but the jaws are blunt and simple, for the worker caste doesnt need much. Stubby up the body for sure aswell

Well, if the hunter is somewhat of a scavenger, why not split the snout into two, and have a massive lower jaw? Or two jaws, but a lone jaw would be more powerful/intimidating. This way it can still defend itself and hold objects, or hold two objects, making them more efficient.

Also what genre of game is it?

Varias's photo
Thu 05/27/10 04:34 PM
You might want to change the lower half of its form a little. Either make his feet bigger, or longer legs with more arc. If you look from the front and side; while standing idle they have a high chance of falling on their face. Longer legs with them pushed forward up to the front of the rib cage more would also added the benefit of clawing while leaping (like a raptor) and running faster (longer gait).

Otherwise, it looks good!