Which I discarded - I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do
I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be
Productive to make sense and order out of the world of
People and things outside of me - I own me, and
therefore I can engineer me - I am me and

I AM OKAY

SweetDonnita's photo
Thu 11/20/08 01:02 AM
Why are we continuing to let the government bail out a failing business that is misusing taxpayer money? Surely there are independently owned businesses, and even individuals, that could put that money to far better use.
What is up with AIG? The taxpayers, by way of the government and without being asked, have given AIG more than $122 Billion in funds (the amount is actually said to be more like $152 Billion) to keep the failing insurance giant afloat, and yet AIG cannot seem to tighten its belt. American Insurance Group, a company originally founded in China, has been caught spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in perks for executive, top producers and independent advisor retreats since its taxpayer bailout.

Taxpayers may be aware of the lavish resort visits, but are they being given a choice on whether or not they want to continue funding the irresponsible AIG?

The tab for the first extravagant get-a-way was $440,000. Of that, the expenditures were reported to be $200,000 for rooms, $150,000 for meals $23,000 for spa treatments and $7,000 in Greens fees. So, lets get this straight, they spent all that money to stay in a resort, all that money for food, all that money for spa treatments, and yet there is still $60,000 unaccounted for. Maybe they spent it in tips! Since we are being forced to “help” AIG, I think it only right that we know what happened to the remaining $60,000! And…I am quite sure that with the stress taxpayers are under with regards to our collapsing economy, our losing our homes, our lack of funds to purchase food, we might like a nice get away ourselves, but we cannot afford one.

AIG tried to keep the next big outing secret, even staff members of the resort at which the new outing took place were told not to mention AIG by name. There were no AIG logos or signs to be seen. However, an ABC affiliate caught them on tape. This time, they spent $343,000.

SweetDonnita's photo
Thu 11/20/08 12:41 AM

The issue is : why when these companies are losing money they still pay their executives millions in salaries and millions in bonuses ? !.

Look at AIG.. They went and asked for money for a 2nd time and got approved and only to find out that they were misappropriating funds and using the money for vacations, and using the money for their employees rather than using it for what it was really for. I think the government needs to stop handing out money to these idiots and let them file bankruptcy like the airlines had to do. AIG needs to shut its doors and the CEO needs a kick in the azz. Just my opinion.

SweetDonnita's photo
Sat 10/25/08 03:20 PM

>>>Plenty of sourcrout<<<drinks rofl drinks

Hmm. Plenty of sour kraut..LOL.

SweetDonnita's photo
Sat 10/25/08 12:40 AM

Aren't you on Plenty of Fish too?

Yes I am on that one to. But I am about ready to shut my acct down with them. I don't care for it.

Not enough people in your area? Or not enough quality people in your area?

How about both. I am also looking to move out of NY too. So finding someone right here who is willing to relocate isn't so easy. I am not from NY. I want to go back out west where I am from.

SweetDonnita's photo
Sat 10/25/08 12:33 AM

Aren't you on Plenty of Fish too?

Yes I am on that one to. But I am about ready to shut my acct down with them. I don't care for it.

SweetDonnita's photo
Sat 10/25/08 12:25 AM

Hi! I have been on this site for awhile but never came to these forums. So I am here to introduce myself. MY name is Donnita. I am recently single again. I am loving it but at same time I am not hating being lonely. I live here in NY because this is where I have been since my divorce back in 93. I hope to meet someone off here who will be my best friend, lover and hopefully he will have some of the same interests as me. Music and Travel are my 2 main interests. If you enjoy them, please get up with me. I am hoping to someday move out of NY and relocate back out west somewheres. This is where I am from and I am starting to feel a little homesick. Good luck to all in your search.
smittenI'm not sure of what I should do -- when every thought I'm thinking of is yousmitten

mad mad mad mad mad mad
:banana: Watch me as I swing my hips... around.:tongue:

LMAO.. You all are funny! Thanks for welcoming me. I like this better than the other sites who post forums.

SweetDonnita's photo
Fri 10/24/08 11:57 PM
Hi! I have been on this site for awhile but never came to these forums. So I am here to introduce myself. MY name is Donnita. I am recently single again. I am loving it but at same time I am not hating being lonely. I live here in NY because this is where I have been since my divorce back in 93. I hope to meet someone off here who will be my best friend, lover and hopefully he will have some of the same interests as me. Music and Travel are my 2 main interests. If you enjoy them, please get up with me. I am hoping to someday move out of NY and relocate back out west somewheres. This is where I am from and I am starting to feel a little homesick. Good luck to all in your search.

SweetDonnita's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:44 PM
You should always have your life in order even before you get into a relationship. We have some baggage on us, but the best thing to do is leave that baggage out of your relationship and just learn from the past and those mistakes.