Community > Posts By > Glenoran1

Glenoran1's photo
Sat 06/11/11 09:48 AM
I'm hoping to meet fellas who are single and live on the lower part of Vancouver Island, B.C., and are between the ages of 55 and 66.

Love to hear from you if you are!

But either way, just wanted to say 'hi' and hope you will all have the best of luck in finding just the right person for you ... and soon!

All the best,

Glenoran1

Glenoran1's photo
Wed 04/28/10 08:39 PM
Kindness is contagious. Spread it around.

Glenoran1's photo
Tue 04/27/10 05:22 PM

Just someone who treats me like I treat them with honesty,respect ,patience,and love. Apparently that is alot to ask for.

Hell Yeah it is!!grumble grumble laugh laugh

While it is true there are some rotten apples (both male and female), I think most of us in the 'dating barrel' want someone worthy of our love, trust and respect.

Imagine someone who would be your absolute best friend, in the gender you're attracted to. That person is a joy to be around, has got your back, encourages you when you need it and gives you a verbal 'boot' when necessary. You never seem to run out of things to talk about, and you have a blast doing shared interests together.

Now add a whole lot of love.

Wouldn't you think that's what the vast majority of us are seeking? I do ... and I am.

Glenoran1's photo
Tue 04/27/10 04:46 PM
Edited by Glenoran1 on Tue 04/27/10 04:47 PM

you know what ? some women dont like to be called sexy when you havent met yet! But just be yourself and tell them about you!

Well said. If you state something a woman already knows (she's pretty, or has a nice smile), it just means you have eyes in your head. But if you introduce yourself to her, giving a few details about mutual interests or a positive comment about something she put in her profile, it's more likely to get the conversational ball rolling. Also, she gets a good first impression of your ability to converse, at least in writing.

You wouldn't walk up to a lady in a park and say, "Hi, you're pretty." You'd (at least, I would hope you would) strike up a conversation about something you may both have noticed, such as squirrels collecting acorns. In writing, her profile is the on-line equivalent of the park locale, and if you refer to something in it, it shows you cared enough to read her profile before contacting her, not just look at the photo(s).

Glenoran1's photo
Tue 04/27/10 02:44 PM
Just a quick note to say 'hi'. I just joined, and hope to chat with many of you over time.

All the very best,

Glenoran1