Community > Posts By > Stedwick

Stedwick's photo
Mon 04/26/10 02:10 PM
It's not all about sex, it just has to be about sex sometimes.

I recently met a great girl online two months ago, but I screwed it up because I made it about sex. Everybody has different ideas about which "base" you are supposed to get to on which numbered date, and whatever, but after two months I asked her flat out for sex and basically gave her an ultimatum, she refused, and that was it. It ended horribly.

It was totally my fault, I understand that, and if I could turn back time I would in order to preserve our friendship, but on the other hand we met on a DATING site. Men, for better or worse, need sex in order to survive.

You just have to see the world through each gender's point of view. Women wonder why it's all about sex, and men wonder why it's never about sex. Relationships are all about compromise.

It's ridiculous for any man to think that he can actually find a no-strings-attached, sex-every-day relationship, but it's equally crazy for a woman to think she can find an out-on-the-town-adventure-buddy, home-on-the-couch-cuddle-buddy that is totally platonic with no sex.

It's all about give and take.

Anyway, I might be the only person to actually honestly answer the question that started this topic, ha ha :-)

Philip