Community > Posts By > hedonia

hedonia's photo
Fri 08/17/07 12:44 AM
Congratulations, first of all. I'm 20, and I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I'm in college and not planning on quitting either. You're timing was lucky at least- you didn't have to miss any school. I'm due in february so I'm going to have to take off for the spring semester, but I'm enrolled fulltime this fall and plan on returning in the summer or fall next year. It's not easy- and there are sacrafices to be made. I was supposed to transfer to another school to pursue my desired major, but had to switch my career path to stay local and be able to mother my baby. I don't have the help of the baby's father, since he ran out of the picture a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant. There are services though. Medicaid and WIC and all of those public assistance programs shouldn't be frowned upon. They'll help you out so that you don't have to overload yourself and you can have an easier time being a successful mother. Also, check out local churches- I'm an atheist myself, but they are generous in regards to preserving the life of a child. They'll help no matter what your faith. And let your friends support you- as few or as many are willing. Good luck to you- and if you ever need to chat- feel free to come to me.

hedonia's photo
Mon 08/13/07 09:10 AM
I'm 20, single and pregnant... I've met guys who, upon finding out I was pregnant, told me to call them in a year- because they'd rather date a chick with a kid, than a pregnant girl. I guess it's hard for a guy to get to know someone who is carrying another man's child- but, as I've tried to explain to them- that man is gone for a reason, and he's not coming back. I either have to do this alone or find someone who doesn't mind. It's also hard, though- because after being turned away so much- I'm afraid that when someone does express interest without caring about my pregnancy- I'll be too suspicious about why this person doesn't mind, when everyone else does. I'm not looking for a father, I'm looking for a companion who can understand and appreciate that I'm on my way to being a single mom.