Community > Posts By > lovingboater

lovingboater's photo
Thu 04/22/10 04:32 AM
Another great actor leaves the stage, a little more empty, with almost no one, to take their places...

Great Job Mr Spock...

Your T-Shirt should be retired...

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 07:43 AM
Back in the 60's, when NASA was gearing up for the flights to the moon, what most people do not know, is that for every dollar that was spent on NASA, ELEVEN dollars came back into the U.S. Economy... This is a fact.

NASA has always urged the transfer of technology from the main aerospace manufacturers to smaller start ups and other companies that have developed many products from that transfer. Even today, research that is done for the sake of NASA, is moved over to the business sector. It seems that no one is talking about any of this.

Where do you think your microwave oven came from...? NASA...
Where do you think your trusty remote came from...? NASA...
Where do you think the NET, really came from...? NASA... By-Product.
Where do you thing our communications capability is from...? NASA...

Even our GPS, has it's roots within the military, and too a smaller effect, NASA, which helped the transfer of technology from military applications to commercial applications...

Why was GPS developed...? How do you thing we guide our cruise missiles...? And why was the world mapped...?

Which today, people use that technology, using Google... And so many companies that help consumers to find their stores...

All of this has helped to create the economy we used to have. This is the story that Congress needs to hear. And NASA has "NEVER" known how to boast about what it has given back to our economy, which is understandable, because they are engineers, not marketing people...

NASA is absolutely necessary to the economy of this country and to our aerospace industry. And not just for jobs... How many problems have been solved by NASA engineers, sitting and having coffee with aerospace engineers at a conference. You wouldn't believe it...

I worked for over 40 years helping to protect this country. I cannot discuss my activities in full here. But suffice to say, that in order for me to accomplish what I did, I needed to know about projects within this country, so that we could understand information coming out of the old Soviet Union. And the effects of costing of projects in both countries. Essentially, to save the one and bankrupt the other... Which we did...

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 07:01 AM
My Man Godfrey

You Can't Take it With You

Lost Horizon

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Casablanca

The African Queen

It Happened One Night

Inherit The Wind

Singin In The Rain

High Noon

A Farewell To Arms

Meet John Doe

I have over 600 DVD's... So, my list goes on and on...

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 06:52 AM
I was requested to join in an IM session by a member, which I did.

When the window opened up, it reported the member as a male. I questioned the member... they said they were female.

After closing the window, I went to the member's profile, and there, it did say the member was female.

I don't want to post the members handle for privacy reasons. if you need it at all, please just send me a message... I have it written down...

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 03:04 AM
It's really simple.

Loving someone, is "FEELING". That is what makes us human. When you stop feeling, you stop living. You might be alive, but your actually walking dead.

I love my first and second wives, even though they are my ex's. I love my two ex girlfriends. Not as partners anymore. All four of them have hurt me. But I will not allow their actions to sour the love I have for them. That is my choice.

The problem here, is the definition of "LOVE", or "TRUE LOVE"...

True love, is having "NO" expectation of receiving anything back from that person, be they man or woman. When you love like that, their actions have nothing to do with your loving them.

Satisfying your "NEEDS" is very different... and many people confuse those needs with love from that person. We all have needs, and what makes us unique, is the mix each of us has of those needs. When the other partner stops caring enough to do the work to satisfy those needs, that is when problems in the relationship develop. And only if they care enough, will they seek help.

Essentially, to fear being hurt is natural, and protective. But, if you do not open yourself to that risk, then you cannot "FEEL" anything... and that is so much worse than being hurt. At any time.

So, don't blame love... it's out there for each one of us. Each time we meet someone new, there is only a 1% chance in our favor that the person we just met, is attracted to us... and without that attraction, which is animal in it's nature, it's difficult to find that "true love".

So, YES, I believe in TRUE LOVE. It is, what I seek. I have found it 4 times before and I see no reason why I won't find it, again...
And take it from me, the Universe does LISTEN.

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 02:41 AM
All you guys need to start playing with some boobs and stop talking about them...

And be sure to make the girl happy before you leave... "THAT" is what a nice guy "IS".

And a GENTLEMAN is a guy that makes his girl happy, before himself. And he pulls out her chair and opens her door... LOL...

And your all nuts, including me... so get in line...

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 02:24 AM
Well...

For one thing, you have a child. And a woman that gave birth to that child. In your life. And that means problems for most women, any age.
And it works the same for guys as well. they generally don't want a woman with a child.

And it's plain and simple. Most people are shallow. They can barely handle their own problems, let alone deal with a blended family situation. And blended families are difficult. They present a range of problems... because the ex's are usually "NOT" cooperative... and they make life difficult.

So... here's some advice from a guy that has been there...

Seek only women with children. You might want to look for women in their early 20's, because they have more experience with the guys that won't date them, because they have children. You would come across as concerned father... and be in your child's life. In spite of the problems.

Your in a hard place. I feel for you. If you wish more information, feel free to send me a message... I will give you all the help I can...

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 01:59 AM
It's all really so simple...

Everyone simply goes in their own direction. That way, you don't need anyone to lead. And no one is following. What they are doing, GOD only knows...

And really, who cares. and it's not Chaos... It's PERFECT. whoa

lovingboater's photo
Wed 04/21/10 01:52 AM
I'm thinking that some people here have way too much time on their hands... LOL... laugh

But, actually, that is a good thing.

Nice to see everyone with a comment...waving

lovingboater's photo
Thu 02/18/10 11:09 AM
Hi...

Did you write that list of things you like...? It is a nice list. If you didn't write it, I would be interested in those things that "YOU" like. It would tell us what your about... cause I love to hear a person's SONG.

Well... We all have many things to be thankful for. The most important of these... is Freedom... And it has a cost.

Last night, my son left to go to Afghanistan for 6 months. Not as a tourist. And he wanted to go. And... I helped send him there.

Yes, we have many things to be thankful for. A country that fights for the freedom of others. And that to... has a cost.

GOD BLESS AMERICA...

HE has...

lovingboater's photo
Sun 02/14/10 04:30 AM
You may be a newbie here...

but, your one of the family...

It's called,

the Human Race...

Welcome.... to us all...

lovingboater's photo
Sat 02/13/10 04:07 PM
Boo... Punkin or Pumkin...?

Doesn't anybody have some imagination...

I've always tried to give someone a nickname that fit them. A long time ago, my father (an automatic) gave one of the guys at the car wash (his shop was on the same property) a really appropriate nickname. This guy loved to drink and would always get drunk... then, when he saw a passing police car, he would tell the cops that he was drunk. All the cops in our area knew him, so, they would take him to the station so he could sleep it off. This happened 2 to 3 times a week. he was a very nice guy, probably just very lonely. My father nicknamed him "JB", for Jail Bird. Everyone came to call him that, even the cops. It was all very civilized.

Personally, with the few women that have shared my life, I like to assign a nickname that has a sexual flair to it. Something, that I could only call my girl, when we were alone. Each one of them, liked that what I called them, was significant to them, individually, and had meaning to them, a level of accuracy, to them.

Nicknames are actually a demonstration of love and maturity... because it is a form of intelligent play. It is that play, that makes a relationship, that much stronger. The people that can have nicknames, are usually laughing with each other... and those are the couples that usually last a long time.

So, go out and get a nickname for your next partner... and have fun.

lovingboater's photo
Fri 02/12/10 03:01 PM
Edited by lovingboater on Fri 02/12/10 03:05 PM
You have all missed the fundamental issue of this question...

And it is not how ludicrous the question is.

It is not that the person wasn't sincere in asking the question.

It is not, that each person who has attempted to answer the question, no matter how far fetched their answer...

It is not, that those who questioned the sanity of those others trying to answer the question...

It is not any of those things.

It is simply, the proof, that Americans, in general, can take something that is so stupid, so ridiculous, so inconsequential, so ludicrous and ultimately, such a waste of time...

And turn it into something "FUN".

Congratulations everyone, you just proved that us colonists truly are the mutts of the earth, even though the rest of the world wants to come and live here...

That we are, what the rest of humanity thinks, are just a bunch of crazy people that put fun above work... and then envy us for the country that we have created, even though we have our problems, we, collectively, even with our government that sometimes is so inept, have taken this country and our society, and have made it better for our citizens to live in.

The real proof of this little example, is that our CONSTITUTION really does work... because it has given the opportunity, thru "FREEDOM", that we, from various places all over the U.S., can take the time, without any one being able to tell us NOT to, can spend our time, as we choose... about something so innocuous as the issue above, that I cannot even remember what it is... which, considering, is not important at all.

Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my heart... The dream of hundreds of thousands of Americans who have given their blood and their lives...has been proven here... with these couple of pages.

lovingboater's photo
Wed 02/10/10 12:10 AM
Ok kids...

My first Super Bowl was Super Bowl III... and that is "NOT" a typo.

yeah... I am 58... watched a lot of football. Many play off games and Championship games... Every Super Bowl since.

This one, was one of the best. And here's why. First, you have a team that has never been there. And the other team has, but also has a quarter back that is a good one... Payton Manning. I watched his father, Archie, play quarterback...

Next, you have a team that is very confident, the Colts... The first quarter,showed that... the Saints were playing on a cloud, but, at the beginning of the second quarter, the Saints matured... and realized, that it was just another football game. that, my friends, takes heart. And guts. They try on fourth down for a touch down and the runner slips and falls. No score. That, takes commitment. The kick off of the third quarter showed back bone. the willingness to risk... and that, is the proof of a Championship team... they scored,not letting the previous escapade dampen them... They adapted, they persevered...

The interception, was that capper. But, not to the game. They had already won the game. What they won, was respect. They played against a really good team, and won. And that will make that win, in years to come, a great win. And there were no really bad calls in that Super Bowl. The rule book worked. And the players, coaches,owner, and all of us, were the real winners.

GOD bless America, boys and girls. HE sure did, last Sunday...

lovingboater's photo
Tue 02/09/10 11:28 PM
A date: Ok...

First... going down a dry river bed in a canoe with wheels... no steerage, so, it makes the trip a little dicey...

Then, you stop off at a really nice hot dog place, just asking for directions to a local Chinese place that's been closed for six months.

Still hungry, you find a bag of two days old popcorn in the trash bin at a local theater... They're closed, so you can't get any salt or butter.

You forget they're closed, but still break in and wait for a movie to start. So, you fall asleep. The next morning, you wake up and have to go to the emergency room cause your back hurts so bad.

And finally, as your getting home, the guy reaches into his pocket and takes out a wedding ring, giving it to his girl...

Now, where's the thread for what you would do for a wedding...?

GOD, I have too much time on my hands...

lovingboater's photo
Tue 02/09/10 12:11 PM
I am new to the site...

I found a user that has two profiles up... they are similar with some of the same pictures...

Is this OK...?

1 2 3 5 Next