Community > Posts By > Knockanique

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 08:00 PM
@Tammy- To each her own. I have zero desire to pull information. This is not an interrogation. If you don't want to communicate with me freely, someone else will. I don't need to know your medical history or the name of your beloved childhood pet right off the bat, but if conversation is not flowing, I'm out.

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:49 PM
@Tammy - That's fine. I don't have a ton of patience, but if someone can attract my attention and keep it long enough before opening up, that works just as well. That requires effort and that is all I am really asking for.

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:36 PM
@Lex - I am seriously laughing out loud. You hit it right on the head. People like that make you wonder if you are the silly one. Why do people make us out to be criminals for expecting some level of authenticity?

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:28 PM
Exactly. This is not a judgement about the person. They might be fantastic. This is just a suggestion to people who actually care to find dates. Put more effort into it if you wish to gain the attention of others.

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:23 PM
trying*
any*

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:20 PM
I was about to say the same thing @singmesweet in response to the back and forth between you and @42. If I had some kind of indication that a person with a short profile was more interesting when emailing or chatting, the profile would not stop me, but I would never assume it was worth the effort and pursue. That would be like going to the store and picking out the most boring plain burlap sack of dress you can find and hoping somehow that it will look like a red carpet find on you. Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Why waste time tryin on sacks when you could just seek gowns? Now if you message me something worthwhile or if you present something genuine somehow otherwise, I would obviously talk to you. I am just saying that you are not doing yourself ay favors by giving people as little as possible.

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 07:02 PM
@pyxxie - I am glad you found what you are looking for, but this post was meant for people who are supposedly looking for dates, as this is an online dating website, but put minimal effort into doing so and basically expect people to want to pursue them for reason at all. I did not post this looking for explanations for the many reasons people come up with for not typing up a blurb, so you should not feel the need to defend yourself or carry on irrelevant conversation here. I suggest that you and ghostrider take your pot of coffee to your private messages where you can defend your lack of desire to find dates on an online dating site where everyone interested in this post doesn't have to be sujected to your irrelevant banter.

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 06:39 PM
@ soufiehere - My profile is consistent with my opinion. I suggest to ask me more if you are interested after reading the rather detailed blurb on my profile. My post is directed to people who actually believe they are going to have success on here with minimal effort. If you sign up on a whim, and then decide to give it a real shot, go back and edit. If you don't want to take it seriously, then don't. That is your choice, just as it is mine to choose not to waste my efforts just to find out what I already know about you, which is that you are not what I want. I don't have to accept everyone as they are. What I am suggesting is that people who put generic infomation in their blurbs are not representing themselves fully, and so all is not good, or not good enough for me anyway.
@singmesweet - Thank you for the defense. :)

Knockanique's photo
Sun 04/01/12 01:05 AM
It is truly amazing how little people understand about what attracts others. Being completely plain does not make you desirable. It's almost like these people are embarrassed to express any sense of individuality.

Knockanique's photo
Sat 03/31/12 11:50 PM
That, my dear, would clear everyone off of this dating site in a flash.

Knockanique's photo
Sat 03/31/12 11:36 PM
Depends on where they're coming from!

Knockanique's photo
Sat 03/31/12 11:28 PM
Do I sound frustrated, like I need a hug? I didn't mean to come off that way. Just a word of advice is all.

Knockanique's photo
Sat 03/31/12 11:02 PM
@ Lex - 10,000% agreed. Biggest profile turn off - "I've been hurt so many times..." or "So lonely for so long and it sucks...". You know what sucks? Your attitude. That's why people treat you the way they do.

Knockanique's photo
Sat 03/31/12 10:58 PM
Is that a hug smiley? lol I don't do this often.

Knockanique's photo
Sat 03/31/12 10:10 PM
If you actually want people to contact you, or have any type of success at all with online dating, then you should put actual information about yourself in your profile. Nothing makes me click away faster than seeing someone who has an empty blurb or a blurb that says "I'll do this later", which says to me that you obviously don't take this seriously, or even worse "Just ask" with no other information provided, which says to me that you obviously aren't worth my time asking. The worst of all: Your interests? Everything. Are you kidding? You don't like everything. Not even close. Tell me something relevant. Write something worth reading. You are not going to get any bites based on your picture alone, which is most likely not even of a picture you, but of a pink sunset. Be for real about this. We will never know what makes you worthwhile talking to if you use this garbage as your personal information.