Community > Posts By > DougieWuggie

DougieWuggie's photo
Fri 04/21/17 08:44 PM

Oh I beg your pardon. It must be a British thing. Some weird and wonderful things get put on photo copiers at Christmas parties in the UK.

I have worked with EMEA Teams for a decade, and can categorically reiterate that the copy machines are in play at Christmas parties every year and by most employees. ;-)

DougieWuggie's photo
Fri 04/21/17 08:42 PM
Hi, and great questions.

Most of us work more (either in the office, or with our kids, or elsewhere) than we don't work, so the opportunity to meet people exists mostly in the workplace, at the grocery store, kid activities, etc. Most of us (that I've met so far) on this site/app are old enough to have cast aside bar-hopping and one-night stands, so what's left? Workplace, grocery store, kid activities...

We spend a few minutes in the grocery, an hour or so at kid activities, but nine or so hours a day at work.

Obviously, inappropriate requests for dates by co-workers are just that: inappropriate and often grounds for HR action and termination of the offender.

That said, if a co-worker you find attractive approaches you appropriately, or vice versa, and you are interested, go for it. If you are offended, report it.