Community > Posts By > miss_ashley

no photo
Sat 07/21/07 08:20 AM
I'm doing a project for my children's lit class and I found this AUTHENTIC recipe from the 15th century, but it has been updated by way of cooking methods.

15th Century Mincemeat Pies (8 servings)

Filling:
1-1.5 lbs beef or pork, browned and minced
1/4 C each: dates, prunes, raisins
2 Tbsp vinegar (apple cider vinegar is good)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

Crust:
1-1/4 C. flour
1 egg yolk
6 Tbsp. butter, softened
water

1) Mix crust ingredients until it forms ball. Set aside
2) Brown beef and chop into small bits. Drain and put bits into a bowl.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degrees F.
3) Chop the dates and prunes into raisin-sized pieces. Add fruit to beef.
4) Drizzle vinegar over filling and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5) Roll out 8 pieces of dough to about 4" diameter and put a little more than a tablespoon of filling in the center. Two ways to fold: fold over like a calzone or bring edges to center and pinch it like a little pouch at the top.
6) Set on lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.

no photo
Sat 07/21/07 08:09 AM
My mom and I are twenty years apart, so I'd date someone ten years older, so no more than 30.

no photo
Fri 07/20/07 12:42 PM
I'm called Amy from "Everybody Loves Raymond" because she is sweet and naive. But once she gets her bearings in a situation, she is a formidable force.

For me, I am sweet and still a bit naive, but when I took a job at the hardware store, I had to deal with pervy men and other people with strange senses of humor. So I had to break out of my shyness and use my wit as my defense. Needless to say, it worked, but I'm still naive, which makes it hilarious.

no photo
Thu 07/19/07 01:29 PM
"Timeline" by Michael Crichton is a book I read annually, but the movie was so washed out. The relationships between the characters aren't the same and most of the good action remains in the book. The evil English ruler simply dies by being stabbed by the French ruler instead of being locked in a cage and being submerged into an oily filth pit.