fawkesmulder's photo
Tue 01/05/10 11:47 PM
ripped

fawkesmulder's photo
Tue 01/05/10 09:37 PM
nixed it

fawkesmulder's photo
Tue 01/05/10 08:45 PM
I might take away the poem, no need to share my cynicism with the world...

so yeah

fawkesmulder's photo
Tue 01/05/10 07:19 PM
Edited by fawkesmulder on Tue 01/05/10 07:19 PM
I love Jack Johnson...I can relate to him on so many levels.
His lyrics are wonderfully desocializing and perceptive. E.g. - It's all Understood, about how fake people are without realizing. Fortunate Fool, about the girl who knows the world is just her stage, and so she'll never misbehave. Holes to Heaven - "there were so many fewer question when stars were still just the holes to heavn", Good People, an upbeat melody, but ultimately about humanity's downfall. Cookie Jar, media's (lack of) accountability in dictating our lives. Losing Hope, about fear of change and importance of having a good real friend. Bubble Toes, about a platonic friendship gone to pieces "cause all I wanted was some." The News, about how he can't believe how news about death and destruction can be talked about so nonchalantly and with background music. Etc. All his songs have meaningful lyrics, and I haven't really done them justice by the curt descriptions here.

His songs make you listen. Self-referential in Good People - "you interrupt me from a friendly conversation." As for aesthetics, his songs are really mellow and chill.

With women, I often feel like Jack in "Bubble toes"

Anyways, any other huge fans? He's easily my most listened to artist.

fawkesmulder's photo
Mon 01/04/10 03:58 PM
Hi everyone...been fed up with vacillating between loneliness and bad company, so I figured I'd try this place out...it's free! so that's cool

I'm in my last year at UCLA, I'm an English major. I'm a romantic and a cynic, wrap your mind around that.

I've never been in love. I mean, I love my sister, my mom, and Jack Johnson, but that's it. Never a sociosexual, romantic, passionate, erotic love.

I think that's what I want, though I'm not sure if I want a relationship or a FWB or dating. Just want passion.

Anyways, that's way more than most people typed in their intros....so I guess here I am, part of this site!

I'm gonna take a nap.

Cheers