Community > Posts By > HillFolk

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:33 AM
I would say thank you for being honest with me, friend. Then I would spend time with my other friends.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:16 AM
I got to make some walk around the blocks. It is a half inch by half inch block. It is for people who don't like to exercise. You just put the block on the floor and you can walk around it. That way you tell your friends that you walked around the block.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:09 AM
Have you ever saw an Arkansas switchblade? It is two tongue suspressors with one glued to a wooden clothes pin with a rubberband between it.laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:08 AM
I have worked at home for a craft shop. I would stuff burlap and cloth animals for Arts and Craft. It was a good way to make extra money. I also did some woodwork for the shop but make it at home. I couldn't believe that people would actually buy pet rocks and Arkansas switchblades.

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:03 AM
I didn't get it the first time I read it.laugh laugh laugh

HillFolk's photo
Mon 11/12/07 07:00 AM
I am thinking that I need to get away from work more often. This morning the day nurse who used to work nights told me that I am a woman trapped in a man's body.laugh Now I really am getting worried.laugh Came in to work last night and one aide gave me some spicy fries and another aide later gave me some Sloppy Joe's. She had made a big batch and they sure were good.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 08:08 PM
Hmmm, I was computer literate as of 2004 when I got out of college. I have a bookshelf with four shelves of books that I got from college. But they only cover to 2004. It is almost 2008 so I am sure there have been many new cards and advances. Trouble with Microsoft is everything sucks up so much RAM. I know video cards have RAM capability or memory on them. I didn't know of video cards that automatically disable the other one. Thanks for the information.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 06:12 PM
Wow, went to the web page and that is an awesome unit. With the price of video cards it might be better just to get the unit.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 06:07 PM
Wonder which way would be cheaper? I have two extra computers that I could make one into a standalone unit just for the conversion operation.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 06:02 PM
Will have to check that out. Thanks:smile:

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 06:01 PM
I have a dvd burner but just need to get a special video card. Hmmm, then after getting it would have to disable the onboard video card?

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 05:54 PM
I have a friend who has a lot of VCR tapes and she has been buying the same movies in DVDs. I was wondering if they make a device that one can just record from the VCR to DVD. She says a lot of the old movies are Disneys and Horror movies that she has had a hard time of replacing and that the DVDs don't take as much storage space.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 05:35 PM
That is awesome, Torey. I have a great social life at work. Just last night while I was coming on when we do our first rounds I was working with my lesbian friend who just came back to work as an aide. As I was going through the facility I was noticing that the shift before hadn't pulled up their trash bags in the rooms. I started singing this impromtu song that I made up of I am not going to bytch to the tune of, "There is no place like home" from the movie, "The Wizard of Oz" where Dorothy sings. I kept saying, "I am not going to bytch"laugh My lesbian friend told me that that never worked for her. She told me that I need to learn how to crack the whip.laugh She didn't like doing the second shift's job as much as I did to bend over to pull up the trash bags in each room we went into. In one of our rooms they took out a mirror that one resident has. He likes to talk to the little boy in the mirror who he calls he son. I found out that they took out the mirror because he was arguing with the little boy who is actually him. I am thinking about writing a book called, "Insanity, The Next Generation" about all the stuff. Like this one resident who had a doll that they gave her which she thought was real and she couldn't get it to stop crying. She was complaining that the mother left her with the child and it is only a doll.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 05:13 PM
Just read where the 1951 Ford truck used in the show is still running and is used by a junk dealer in Indiana.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:50 PM
In one episode Lamont was researchig his roots and he told Fred that he wanted to be called by his heritage name. Fred had a hard time trying to pronounce the name that Lamont gave. Fred saw him in his robes and he told Lamont that he didn't know about him but that he was from Saint Louey.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:35 PM
Yeah, I liked where Fred would say, "I am coming, Elizabeth." And then Lamont would say that Fred was just as strong as he was. I never tried Ripple but Fred sure enjoyed it.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:24 PM
Growing up in Missouri for some years I really enjoyed Sanford and Son. Dad had his name and mine on his truck. Dad was good at fixing old stuff and in Missouri you had to put your name on the truck. I thought the show was hilarious. Dad had some records with Redd Foxx on it before we got to watch the show. On one of the old records Redd does a fake commercial for two cleansers one called Sugg and one called Fugg. The Fugg was stronger so in the commercial he says, "If you can't Sugg it then Fugg it."laugh

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:12 PM
Happy birthday to you.flowerforyou

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 04:09 PM
Just woke up. Brother-in-law wanted to know if I had a some garden hose. He got him a new long wheel duely that he says will pass everything but a gas station. I told him he could have the hose that I ran over with the lawnmower next to the pumphouse. The little dog that I have won't quit barking.laugh Going to turn 51 this January 29 coming up.

HillFolk's photo
Sun 11/11/07 07:25 AM
Local animal shelter is getting better with their commercials. The commercial starts with the above and then says, "Don't buy you wife or girlfriend furs or diamonds but get her a dog. That way you can get back into the house where you belong."laugh

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25