Community > Posts By > LuvHornsNHorses

LuvHornsNHorses's photo
Wed 02/17/10 07:48 AM

Hey, Jude!

If you are in the Austin, TX area. I would suggest going to see Dr. Eduardo Cepeda. He has offices in North and South Austin. His # is 512-901-4018. He is a fabulous, caring Dr. who will actually listen to your needs!

Also, there is a FDA drug approved for the pain of fibro called Lyrica. It works very well. Also, a depression med that is also used for fibro pain is named Cybalta. Another med they sometimes use (which is an old drug compared to the above) is neurontin.

I was diagnosed in 1989 in Dallas, TX as having fibromyalgia. Back then, the sydrome had hardly been heard of, at all!! Of course, back in 1989 most of the Drs I went to thought I was making up symptoms!!!

Dr. David Buhner (sp?) was the one guy who listened to me and diagnosed me correctly! As you can imagine; his diagnosis has been confirme MANY times over the last 21 years!

There are all kinds of books on fibro at Half Price Books, on the internet, etc.

My best advice (which is what I have practiced all these years!!!).....DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE PAIN....KEEP MOVING...WHEN YOU HURT...KEEP MOVING. Also, STAY POSITIVE...AGAIN...DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE FIBRO!

Stopping moving or laying down for long periods will only make the pain worse.

If you were to see me....you would have not clue I have had this challenge for so long. The Drs are amazed that I still play sports (shoot baskets, golf), boat, hike, ride horses, etc.

Keeping a strong, positive mind will go a long way...well, in everything we will face in life!

Good luck!:smile: P