Community > Posts By > averagejoe35

averagejoe35's photo
Fri 11/13/09 05:34 PM
I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war. - albert einstein

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/09/09 02:28 PM
if ur not trying to get your computer to the net then just use a cat5 or cat6(if u want to spend some money) and hook it directly to your computer. that will setup a sort of LAN and u can probally see your xbox content from XBOX is pretty much a PC and should work just like one.

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/09/09 02:22 PM
the media is corrupt which completely and honestly the truth. and i also agree you only see what they want u to see. and manipulate reality into what they want reality to be

averagejoe35's photo
Thu 11/05/09 09:47 AM

But warning if its got into ur registry (happened to my dads computer and im in school for IT and networking and know a good amount) i recommend just first trying to reboot from last known good connection if its still there then just get a flashdrive put everything u need on it and just reformat your whole computer

Really?
I have years of experience with this, as i work with high end "Microsoft" systems with Banks, this option is not allowed, unless you want to spend days rebuilding a system.

1. Microsoft "last known good configuration" sucks.. I am Microsoft Certified, and i am telling you, turn it off, the correct way..
services.msc kill the system restore service, disable, also disable your indexing service, unless you do random searches on your machine for files, it is a total Processor killer...
The reason that it sucks, and books wont tell you, but virus providers will. It stores past virus keys dormant on your machine, if you had an issue, and you clean it out, and you reboot, you are infected.. as it is still their.. being infected by it doesn't require you to run restore..
2. IE8 Sucks, however, so does Firefox, your browser has little to do with viruses, but if you run toolbars, Ask, google, yahoo, mywebsearch(FYI this is a virus), those will infect you since they generate adds to populate the side bars of pages based on your search history. Also your home page has alot to do with this.. AOL.com is horrible for this, so is MSN.com as they run tons of adds.. Your safest search engine is google.. But not with the toolbar..

3. Your registry, in lack of better terms, is the backbone of your machine... If you have been infected, your registry is effected instantaneously, sparse files such as spyware generated by searching will infect your temp file which is a legacy directory in your registry.

4. Copying files to an external will not do any good if you have a virus, some viruses will infect; .mp3,.mpg,.avi or anything that can be executed. All your doing at this point is infecting your fresh build...

Proactive...
Malwarebytes.org great FREE tool that you run manually, it will clean out 95% of all issues..
Norton Antivirus 2009/2010 is a great way to stay safe, it will slow down your machine, but it is still the best...
AVG AV... if you have this, it will NOT protect against active Trojans, and you will never know your infected, well, until you Blue screen...
Trend-Micro - corp version is good, home version sucks..
Sophos - Good home AV, not as good as Norton, but from testing, it does a decent job..
SuperAntiSpyware - Good all in one tool to remove some tough virus issues..
Ccleaner - Requires a semi-advanced end user, but will clean up sparse files and make your machine run faster, and stay clean..
(If you have questions feel free to Drop me an Email, and i will reply with how to configure it here)

This Post was created on a windows XP SP3 Machine running P3 with 256mb of ram.. Boot time is 11 seconds, With Norton 2009 internet security running!

MCSE

ty for all the input. i do not have years of experience and its always good to learn a new thing or two. i know linux is not a great end user but its on a wave. but i thought LAN technology first initionalized by UNIX. and yes i know microsoft was origonally UNIX all bill gates did was copy and paste pretty much. should be called copysoft. but getting back to the point... i thought TCP/IP would have been first established by the military since they originally were the ones started the web for communication purposes. and its just expanded to what it is today. im not positive thus why im throwing this out there

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 06:09 PM
this is true the media will twist and turn everything u say to make u look bad.

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 06:07 PM
and not to mention that the USA is one of the only countries that mainly use microsoft all of europe preaty much is linux based cause there smart and realize its free

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 06:05 PM

Operating System Share Market - October 2009 by Net Application

Operating System Total Market Share

Windows 92.52%
Mac 5.27%
Linux 0.96%
iPhone 0.37%
Java ME 0.35%
Symbian 0.17%
iPod Touch 0.07%
Windows Mobile 0.04%
Playstation 0.03%
Android 0.02%
BlackBerry 0.02%
Palm 0.01%
FreeBSD 0.01%
SunOS 0.01%
Nintendo Wii 0.00%
BREW 0.00%
OpenBSD 0.00%
Nintendo DS 0.00%
Web TV 0.00%
NetBSD 0.00%
SCP 0.00%
HP-UX 0.00%
AIX 0.00%
SCO 0.00%
OpenVMS 0.00%

The day any other OS as the share market of Windows it will be attacked as much and many security holes will be found.

People make me laugh when they say this is better no virus problem with this OS, well wake up people the only reason they have no problem is that no virus (almost none) are ever created to attack those system.

All systems have holes and the only reasons those OS holes haven't been attacked is that no virus/malware/spyware creators looks at them.

If I want to affect as many PC's as possible with my virus I won't attack Linux or Mac but Windows.

I'm not saying Windows is more user friendly then the others OS just it has a big red cross on it's back compare to the others when it comes to creating trouble for everyday PC users.

ok first off let me start off by saying u are right in the united states dominated system is microsoft. and all those other systems are linux except tweeked. all microsoft did was copy all of linux. and a virus is not ment to infect one type of operating system a virus attacks through corrupt files in the internet and every operating system has that. so dont BS me on stuff ur not to sure about. Linux is mostly command line driven and not a GUI. so people literly just cant click and figure **** out they need to know what there doing. plus linux has run levels for differnt reasons. one u have a super user which is charge of your whole system. the other run levels are command line multi user and custom. on custom levels u can put only what u want on there. so i say i want it to be for printing and printing only i can put that there. so there for if u hack my system or a virus gets in my system by people on that run level i can literly just shut down all those apps. somthing windows does not offer. to say windows has good security is like pissing in a bottle and me selling it to u as lemonade. Linux is also the main servers that almost every buisness uses because they are free. there for all those pcs running windows that get infected by the virus get fixed but rarely do servers go down. why is this u say? cause LINUX has 10 times better security. and im not just saying linux but also any unix aka mac's OS's. also alot of people who are hacking and making these viruses to be truthfull are not running windows operating systems. knowing a system and being able to control the command line is a much much more powerfull tool. Just saying that viruses are made to attack one kind of system is complete and utter ********. no matter what kind of virus is made it does one thing it attacks certain aspects of each operating system.

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 01:05 PM
all man like a couple other people have said 22 yrs old very open minded. want to talk just hit it up

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 12:58 PM
a great solution to not getting virus's is changing over from a windows computer to a linux OS. but if ur stuck on windows use firefox rather then internet explorer. also if u do get a virus usually u can google the step by step on how to get rid of it. But warning if its got into ur registry (happened to my dads computer and im in school for IT and networking and know a good amount) i recommend just first trying to reboot from last known good connection if its still there then just get a flashdrive put everything u need on it and just reformat your whole computer

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 12:53 PM
att actually preatty much runs the world wide web. so if u have comcast for internet all your paying for is comcast then comcast pays att for a line out into there web.

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 12:48 PM
freedom can only be achieved when u learn to free your mind

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 10:36 AM

rofl

Mmmmm, women know what they want, and just because you meet a women that doesn't want YOU that doesn't mean she is confused. winking

I'll bet ... I'll just bet that if you listen to a particular woman's needs rather than generalize that we are all silly dolts -- you might understand what she is saying to you! :angel:

Good luck, listen, and learn! flowerforyou

that was very insightful and i really hear where your coming from. there's so many times **** just runs through my head from my last relationship with what u said. And to listen to the other things u said i am the kind of guy who lets the girl do her own thing but if she needs someone to fall on im there for her. im doing the same thing with my ex right now. the relationship was easy then she went back down to school and the distance wasnt to bad but it still changed some things. i just need to let her do her thing ill do mine. when and if we hang out just to have as much fun as possible and try to catch up. we still talk about 2 or 3 times a week weird situation. but just living it one moment at a time now

averagejoe35's photo
Wed 11/04/09 10:25 AM
my most recent gf and i had a strange aggrement at one point where we went from dating to seeing each other. where we were still kind of together we hung out all the time but free to do whatever. needless to say i got drunk one night slept with another girl woke up the next day feeling like absolute ****. i didnt tell her for awhile then one night she went out and got really drunk and had sex with a kid i used to be friends with. she called me crying and came to my house the next mourning and we talked about it. i told her what i had done but it made us realize how much we cared for each other. made the relationship the strongest it had been. but college and distance ended it in the start of october. needless to say it all depends on the situation cause i know when i did it it wasnt considered cheating but she was all i could think of during the act and i literly just stoped and walked away.

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/02/09 08:51 PM
i agree with u on that aspect that not enough effort is put in to make an impact. the truth of it all is that the youth need to organize and unite. the youth's voice can be very powerful as we have seen in the past. i think that if this pointless war we are fighting now starts to excalate and still doesnt end. there will be an uprising or revolution. power is in numbers and i can easily say if we dont start to change as a Nation(USA) my voice might start being heard. The big thing is we need some musical artists and movie icons to start to be heard more. cause the media is great way to get your ideas heard by alot of people at once.

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/02/09 12:31 PM
just looking for some girls in the general area of boston to chat with. hit me up

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/02/09 12:20 PM
haha ty ty. its really how i truly look at it. buddhist's have it right and that's what ive started to practice

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/02/09 12:10 PM
i didnt go through and read all the posts but would peace ever exist and the answer is no. Religious battles are the main cause of this. And a side note to all of this being that i live in mass in the USA and i can see why all the rest of the world hates us. we have troops in so many other country's. there are still troops stationed in germany. how would we feel if there were just random army bases of other country's just down the street from where we live? and im not saying its just us. almost every political system is caught up and tied down by power and corruption. abraham lincoln once said (or someone who wrote about his life either way) "There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future. All these are links in the endless chain stretching from the finite to the infinite." Throughout history there has been conflict and war. it will never stop despite numerous efforts. its out of our control and there is nothing we can do or say to stop it. Money is the root of all evil and sadly there is no way to move through life with out it.

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/02/09 11:57 AM
john mayer is one the best guitar players of the modern era. i have alot of respect for everything all of his music

averagejoe35's photo
Mon 11/02/09 11:53 AM
opeth and between the buried and me two of the most talented bands.