Community > Posts By > I_have_a_dream

I_have_a_dream's photo
Fri 10/16/09 07:49 PM
Hi. I just came on board here and noticed your problem. I also have an Asus Eeepc netbook. I also have had this same problem in the past; well at least having the fonts suddenly appear as "boxes!" I discovered two different possible problems. One is that you might try looking at your task bar on the bottom and look at the ICON with a capital EN. It is possible you are accidentally touching this with your mouse. I do know that some texts will actually appear as squares in place of text/fonts when the Chinese language is not listed as an input. I have found that these squares are generally a Chinese/English language conflict.

This could also be that someone has sent you a virus (I recently had this problem too which turned out to be a virus). Try scanning your computer for any viruses. If you see one and can clean it, you should be okay. If not, use your F9 key when you reboot and change your settings back to the factory settings. It is amazingly easy to reinstall your OS on this machine compared to Windows. The whole process is only about 2 minutes. You would then want to reinstall your software updates again (through "Add/Remove Software". This should take about 15 minutes. Hope this might have added to your repetoire of assistance.