Community > Posts By > Dawn713

no photo
Thu 10/22/09 06:59 PM
Edited by Dawn713 on Thu 10/22/09 07:01 PM
Bestinshow quote:
"Imagine how much better of the planet would be had Monica ummmm swallowed to be blunt. Personaly 8 years of prosperity is deserveing of a blow job. I dont care if he lied about it, I would also if I was married to Hillary and had a child."

Are you proud of that quote?

Wow...

& you expect anyone to take you seriously?

no photo
Wed 10/21/09 08:50 PM
My sister and brother-in-law had to have their pitbull, Jackie, put down when she was 11 years old. They had her since she was a puppy, and she was very well trained.

Then they had their first child, and we were all very nervous at first about how the dog would be around the baby. She instantly seemed to be protective towards her, and Sydney (my niece) adored the dog.

Everything was fine, until Sydney was able to move around more and get into things. One day she reached for one of her toys and we're guessing Jackie thought it was her toy, and she snapped at Sydney. Thankfully my brother-in-law was right there, so nothing happened.

They then paid to put Jackie through some new training thing for pitbulls; they both worked with her a great deal as well.

Then only a few months later, Sydney was sitting watching television and Jackie, out of nowhere, ran at her and tried to bite her. Again, my brother-in-law was close, so was able to get to Sydney first. It was very scary for them... Jackie was literally just inches from Sydney's head.

They went back to the vet to ask what else they could do, and were told since there had already been an incident she would not even be adoptable because she was considered dangerous.

The decision to put her down wasn't taken lightly at all - but there was no other decision to be made. They loved Jackie, but not more than their child.

Sharing this story because, in my opinion, it's one version of truth in pitbulls aggressive nature - that no matter how many years someone owns them, or how great they are treated/trained - at any point they can snap and be very dangerous.

no photo
Wed 10/21/09 08:21 PM

Is it just me, or is it really difficult to take someone seriously when every other basic word they use is misspelled?

no photo
Wed 10/21/09 08:28 AM

IM also curious,,what is the REQUIRED number of episodes or length of time that one must view FOX news for their negative opinion of it to be just as legitimate as someone elses positive opinion of it?

No "requirement",

-my point was that a good majority of people who bash it, I'd be willing to bet, have never even watched it once.

Many people are easily swayed by what others tell them they should think or believe - that's a sad statement; but it's the truth.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 10:18 PM

Just curious if those who are on here bashing Fox News have ever watched it - for more than a few minutes I mean...?

The same question for those who do -- are there other ways of getting your information besides Fox News?

It's amazing to me that so many in our great Country can share their beliefs and viewpoints, when in reality they know little about what they claim to believe.

& that is definitely not one-sided...I know many people who are Republican and many who are Democrat; and over the years it's never ceased to amaze me that when asked one simple question, how many honestly have no idea how to answer it (well, where it makes any sense that is...)

"Why do you call yourself a Republican/Democrat?"

-asking it in an online forum such as this will not prove the point at all...because anyone could start googling and just copy/paste their 'beliefs' here.

Perhaps the next time any of you are in a debate with someone in person or over the phone about politics - just throw that question out there.

Then prepare yourself for a few seconds of silence; followed by insisting they do not need to respond to such a question; then followed by their breakdown of why they (and generations before) vote as they do.

It's quite interesting...

(my apologies for getting a little off-topic there)

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 09:58 PM
Edited by Dawn713 on Tue 10/20/09 09:59 PM
okay...I've gotta ask this.

This whole Olivia/Johnny thing is somewhat sweet and all - their little love thing makes you root for them...

For some reason though one thing just bugs me...

(don't laugh please...)

When they show the scenes of them making out -- does anyone else notice that Olivia looks really strange as they are? At times it looks almost like she's trying to kiss his mouth and nose at the same time - and then at other times it's like she just freezes up completely.

Maybe it's just me!!

But I must admit that now when a make-out-session is beginning with those two, I hit the fast forward button, ha.

((if you haven't noticed it before now, I bet the next time you see them kissing you will -- and I hope you laugh!))

:wink:

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 09:53 PM

This movie had me peeking through my fingers a few times - and I can admit there was even a time my body was shaking...

There is no wasting time getting into the plot at all - and there was no checking the watch to see how much time was left in the movie; it's fast paced and never allows you to become bored.

It definitely makes one think about our judicial system and how we ourselves view what is right/wrong, etc.

Some of the scenes were a bit much for me (I'm not a fan of bloody/gore type movies).

The only Gerard Butler movie I had seen before this one was P.S. I Love You; he proves by his acting in Law Abiding Citizen that he can carry out any role given to him well.

(and he made me cry in this one too...)

Thanks for posting about this movie so I had a place to share my thoughts on it also.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 08:28 PM

aww is it over...

I was gonna say death penalty only deters the ones who are executedd, we have relatively higher rates of crime in america than any western country without the death penalty. The system is too flawed to ever know for sure,, even with DNA and I am opposed to the risk of killing someone who hasnt committed the crime as much as I am for determining that someone's punishment should be death. I dont imagine life in prison is a picnic,,that is sufficient enough for me.

BTW,, I AM also against abortion

msharmony,

The debate over this issue could go on and on no doubt. I finished my paper earlier this morning and it's been turned in. I'm still doing research however because there's so much information out there on this subject.

I do appreciate your feedback a great deal -

Honestly, yours and PacificStar48's words were a few I re-read quite a few times. You both mentioned how you were victims/survivors of violent crimes, so it makes me appreciate how you both feel regarding this subject moreso...

I am in college to further my education, but it's so true that we can learn so much from each other as well.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 07:39 PM

Thanks to everyone who shared any viewpoint on this thread.

I appreciate it.

no photo
Tue 10/20/09 06:17 AM

The Christians have a great saying for this: "Hate the sin, love the sinner". This is high standard to live up to, but its a good one. The people who can live up to this standard in the face of such violence against their loved ones have my highest respect.

The fact that I am human, and might suffer from the immorality of personally seeking vengeance against such murderer speaks only of my character, and not of the ethics behind the death penalty.

Its like asking if stealing is wrong based on whether a person would ever want to steal.

"The Christians"?
I am a Christian...

I do agree with you that those who are able to forgive have my highest respect as well.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 10:22 PM

I am against it simply because I think human life is precious and I believe noone has the right to determine who deserves to live or die.

I definitely can understand your point of view...of course.

Honestly though, would you feel the same if someone you loved were the victim? If someone else decided they felt they had the right to determine how and when they would die? I know it's not something any of us wants to think about -- but that is where my confusion regarding it is. If someone brutally attacked/raped/tortued/killed someone I love dearly, it's very difficult to imagine that a life behind bars is proper punishment for that. It really is...

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 09:54 PM
Edited by Dawn713 on Mon 10/19/09 09:55 PM
We've all heard the typical 'eye for an eye' reason for it...

and the 'none of us are God' reason against it...

I'm interested to know why you personally feel the way you do.

Also - just to notate something I've learned while doing research...There are some states that are "putting a hold" on the death penalty due to the recession - believe it or not, it's a fact that it's cheaper to sentence someone to life than to give them the death penalty. I was shocked to learn that (and researched it a great deal...) It turns out to be so expensive to have a person on death row because of the appeals process and many years in-between the time the sentence is given and carried out.

I live in Texas, so a lot of my research was done strictly on the death penalty here.

Including reading the information regarding every single man and woman who is on death row in Texas.

I can honestly say, after a day doing that kind of research, it was difficult to sleep that night.
No twisted horror movie could come up with some of the things I read -- and the pictures of these people...the majority, honestly speaking, looked plain evil and cold. Giving me chills to even think about it now.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 09:29 PM

I am doing a pros/cons paper on Capital Punishment for one of my college classes.

It's not difficult to find information regarding either
side - for or against it...

Just thought I'd take a survey on here - find out the opinions of anyone who wishes to share them.

Thanks for any/all feedback given.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 09:17 PM

The Steelers are not the Steelers of last year...

I'm a betting woman - and I'd bet anything that they will not be in the big game this season...

not happening...

(Go Vikings!!)

:wink:

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 09:12 PM

we were also told that it would be best to abstain from sex while he was having radiation treatments and chemotherapy.

The doctor told us that there were many risks because of what was going through his system - and after the dr. warned us about what could possible happen to a baby; if I became pregnant during that time -- well...literally in the doctors office, he pushed his chair away from me, and was so nervous to take even the slightest chance during that time. It was many months later, after he was no longer having any treatments - that we were given the 'green light' and told it was safe. We never got the opportunity to again though.

He was never a coffee drinker, so I have no idea about that -- but when someone is battling cancer the last thing on their mind is
making something up. ( I would think... ) Also, as great as sex is, again; when dealing with cancer - it's not really something that seems important at all.

Have a good night, and I hope she'll be well.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 09:50 AM

Browns lose again....sad

awwww...they are having a rough season, so far...but hey - you never know what could happen week-to-week in the NFL.

I believe this coming week your Browns play Green Bay...and the week after my Vikings play at Green Bay..

so hey...how about your Browns rough up the Packers (just a little)...
ha

I'll root for them for ya, maybe bring some luck!
:smile:

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 09:48 AM

Well thanks for making me re-check the scores, ha -- I didn't win the 3 game parlay either...Minnesota won 33-31; so they only beat them by 2.

First week I didn't win anything; but oh well...I'm just happy the Vikings are 6-0:wink:.

Oops, sorry!

They REALLY had a big lead and then must have blown it in the 4th Quarter.

Enjoy 6-0 while you can. I hate to be a downer, but Favre will disappoint in the second half of the season and/or the playoffs.

Well I tend to be one of those always-optimistic thinking type of people - so....I'm keeping my thinking positive and believing in the best in Favre and the Vikings. Whatever happens, happens...
Honestly this has been the most exciting start to a season that they've had in a while, so I'm happy already. I'm looking forward to week after next when they go to Green Bay...:wink:

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 07:00 AM

and no middle finger to the Vikings!

ha

tongue2

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 06:57 AM

My "money bets" this week are:

6 game Parlay bet:

Minnesota -3

Jacksonville -9 1/2

Detroit +13 1/2

Philadelphia -15

New England -9

Atlanta -3 1/2

3 game parlay bet:
Minnesota -3
New England -9
Atlanta -3 1/2

Way to go! Your 3game hit.

6game parlays are almost impossible, it seems.

Well thanks for making me re-check the scores, ha -- I didn't win the 3 game parlay either...Minnesota won 33-31; so they only beat them by 2.

First week I didn't win anything; but oh well...I'm just happy the Vikings are 6-0:wink:.

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 06:50 AM

I've always been told by men that I'm a very approachable person...

after so many times hearing that I asked why... - what about me made them feel comfortable approaching me...?

By far though, the main thing I've been told over the years about why they felt comfortable approaching me, was my smile. I've heard that they could just tell I was a nice person who wouldn't be rude, so they didn't feel nervous to say hello.

So maybe that's the trick - smile more and and for every person to have more confidence in themselves.

A simple "hello" could change your life. The man I was with for 12 years before he died of cancer a few years ago - we met in an airport in Vegas. I was walking to the baggage claim area, and he literally just approached me and walked side-by-side with me - I remember laughing about how bold this stranger was being...I said, "Do I know you?" and smiled, and he simply extended his hand and said "I'd like you to, my name is Mike"...and life as we knew it changed...

Though I lost him, I can not imagine how my life would've been had he not made that bold move in the airport. It was shocking and yes, somewhat out-there for most people to do -- but it's proof that we are all put in certain places/situations at just the right second to meet the right person -- it's up to us to act on it.

I'm so thankful he did...

So maybe the next time someone catches your attention, and you feel a strong pulling to them - don't wonder what to say or how you'll feel if nothing comes of it. Just do it.... life is too short to worry about what might go wrong - every now and then a lot goes right too...

:smile: