Community > Posts By > Smiles2you

Smiles2you's photo
Mon 11/02/09 10:38 PM
Would someone help me to know HOW TO access prior chat conversations in INSTANT MESSAGING? Is it even possible?

Thanks a million!

Smiles2you's photo
Mon 11/02/09 12:44 AM
Remembering those last days, those last moments before I lost each of my Grandmothers, then Granddad, later my younger sister, and then my Dad ... recalling the acute awareness that we weren't going to have much more time together, moment by moment as the clock appeared to race ahead and yet, in another sense, time stood still. There were so many things yet to do, so much to talk about, so many questions to pose . . . so much love yet to give, so many things left undone, unsaid . . . .

No one wants to be given a death sentence nor a time bomb, not even a countdown ... for in the acceptance of that declaration, not all wills will to survive. They give up, never knowing if "The End" were truly to become the end! But as for me . . . that optimistic, greater-than-life spirit that lives and breathes inside of me would find every way to live life to the fullest and make every last minute count.

You ask what would I do if I knew that I had exactly seven days, and the hour glass had already begun the countdown? I would immediately ask for vacation time from work or take leave of absence, without disclosing the real reason why. And if I were married, I'd ask my husband to do likewise. I would just draw him into my arms and ask him if we couldn't spend some quality time together, just simply FALLING IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN ... and ask to dance the week away, just him and me, and make a little time here and there for the kids, etc.

I would live life to the fullest every waking moment, visiting the kids, the grandchildren and enlarging the family circle, with our camera in tow, and savoring those moments alone as husband and wife. And I wouldn't hesitate to invite various ones over for good food and, "Hey we haven't gotten together in so long-- let's do potluck!"

Should I share intimately with my husband that time is but a few days away, right up front? No, I would wish to grant him the quality time and joy together, as two love birds would only do. Once we had time with all the kids ... then I would openly share with the Love of my Life that the clock is on a count down for me.

I'd devote exclusive time to him, with him and ask if we couldn't go shopping together, hand in hand, with his helping me to pick special gifts of remembrance for each family member and very close friends. Maybe a little something special he could give each one, and I'd try to write a small note to each person, in my own handwriting. And Christmas is such a special time of the year, one of those major holidays that are tough the first year after. And so, I would want he and I to select those gifts as well, help me wrap each one, and together write our name on each name card.

Life is all about relationships ... and that's where I would aim my focus in that final week, giving back all that I could, creating special memories together. And to the very end, my final wish would be to find myself snuggled, wrapped in my husband's arms, whispering one more time, "I LOVE YOU, thank you for the best years in my life ... for I would have never made the journey without you!"

Smiles2you's photo
Sat 10/31/09 11:53 AM
Edited by Smiles2you on Sat 10/31/09 11:55 AM
O.K. ... THIS COULD BE INTERESTING ...!

One has to wonder what people think WHEN they are reading through your profile the first time through or sort through one's photos. I wonder what kind of picture gets painted in those brief moments?

I'M SIMPLY CURIOUS TO KNOW what thoughts come to you. Your thoughts will help me know what to fine-tune.

First impressions are lasting!
Thanks a million,
Lynn