Community > Posts By > Graystyle

Graystyle's photo
Sat 10/03/09 10:12 AM
Welcome :smile:

Graystyle's photo
Thu 10/01/09 10:47 PM
I'll give it a go with my old school email, doesn't hurt in trying, can't beat that for $30.

Graystyle's photo
Sun 09/27/09 02:55 PM
Edited by Graystyle on Sun 09/27/09 03:04 PM
http://www.infinitedesigns.org/archives/147

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewforum.php?id=2

Those are the two links I have. I haven't used this laptop in months, im glad it still turns on lol. I'm going to buy more ram when I have the chance, seems a bit slow to me, plus I have a ton of games on this small thing that could benefit from the speed boost.

What was the command to update the repros? Sudo synaptic or sudo bash? I forgot to how to even get to that screen lol, help anyone?

Nevermind....found it:

crtl-alt-t

sudo apt-get update

Graystyle's photo
Fri 09/25/09 09:57 PM
Edited by Graystyle on Fri 09/25/09 09:58 PM

the computer is an ASUS Eee pc. Linux was on it when I bought it.

The change only seems to happen while I'm foxfire. It doesn't change the size, it changes the font. The first time it happened there were a few people here that couldn't read my post. All they could see were little boxes.

My laptop is an Eee PC too! I'll try and post those links up this week. I know there is a tutorial somewhere on those forums that even shows you how to configure the system so it can accept 4gb. Currently I think it only allows 3gb depending on which Eee PC you have, I know this is true for the older models like mine.

I just haven't had the courage to try it since I've had to do a full system restore on my laptop at least five times so I try to avoid doing anything that might "break" it again.

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:32 PM
I don't watch college football but while I lived in TX briefly I did catch a few UT games on tv, I have to admit you kind of get sucked into it. Plus how awesome is Bevo!

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:29 PM
Bring back Sanders! :laughing:

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:26 PM
I love soccer, especially during a World Cup year (next year! bigsmile )

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:58 PM
Huzzah for curvy! drinks

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:39 PM
There is that happy cows from California thing. I voted for for the Korean cow! ha ha ha.

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:27 PM

I'd like to nominate "Cute" to the discussion biggrin

I prefer Pretty.

No, I oust that...
Do YOU want to be called cute?

baby chicks are cute..I want to exotic and beautiful..

:laughing:
Come to think of it, I don't think ive ever heard anyone call someones pet "pretty" or "sexy" but deffintely "cute".

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:25 PM
Welcome to the site. I've only been here a short time but everyone so far seems very friendly!

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 04:30 PM
Edited by Graystyle on Thu 09/24/09 04:34 PM
I'd like to nominate "Cute" to the discussion biggrin

I prefer Pretty.

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 04:23 PM
I used to. It sure felt great though!

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 04:15 PM

This looks fun.

Question: Will I move within the next five years?

You will be financially able to move if you so choose. The choice is yours.

Wonderful! =)

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 04:00 PM
This looks fun.

Question: Will I move within the next five years?

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 03:56 PM
Speaking of cats, TxsSun, is that your feline? It looks really big and cute!

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 03:48 PM
I have a small Linux laptop myself unforuntely I don't have it with me right now. When I do get it back though I'll post a few links to some Linux forums I found very usefull.

Graystyle's photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:33 AM
I went on a job interview with them once, they painted a nice picture of what they do, but on my first training day, it was so not like what they had described, I was quite put off by it and never went back. All I did that day was ask people for money for a cause I barely knew anything about, but had to convince the other person that it was in their interest to donate something. And then...they have quotas! I forgot how much you had to raise in a week!

Graystyle's photo
Tue 09/22/09 08:05 AM
Thanks!waving

Graystyle's photo
Mon 09/21/09 11:25 PM
New person here, obviously! My friend suggested this site so I decided to sign up.

Previous 1