Community > Posts By > Jasz

no photo
Sun 09/27/09 05:37 AM
Malls are a great dojo for overcoming shyness and I would frequent them and pick out ten random people to say Hello to and record their responses. (Some people wouldn't even respond!)

Next trip, I would pick out ten random people and strike up conversations with using the weather as a subject i.e. Is it supposed to rain all day? Hot enough for you? just little subtle topics and weather was a great topic because most people pay attention to the weather or it concerns them.

And the next trip, start conversations with people and pay them a compliment about their shoes, jewelry, clothing, etc and follow it up with an open ended question, for example, "Those are some really nice shoes you are wearing, may I ask, where did you get them?" This does two things, You have complimented someone and that makes the other person feel noticed or special and people like to be noticed or admired. secondly, you have asked an open ended question and their response most likely won't be a No, Yes, maybe or a I don't know. Be prepared to ask more open ended questions if the subject person seems interesting.

rehearse your open ended subject questions before making the mall trips, sound genuine and sincere as well and mentally rehearse the stores inside the mall for the encounters, book stores and specialty shops are golden!

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 08:32 PM
I would become totally unavailable towards him and set up some personal boundaries. I wouldn't call him either and I would utilize this time to get back on your feet and weigh out the positives and negatives in dating him.

If you really want him back, WHEN he does call and asks what you have been up to, tell him that you have been busy and getting on with your life. If he asks you for specifics, tell him kindly that this is personal information and you would rather not disclose it and end the call first. Be nice to him.

By doing these things you will:
1)feel much better about yourself.
2)You are not being manipulative, controllable or spiteful.
3)You are being straightforward and honest, after all, he has apparently went on with his life and you don't have to answer to him.
4)This will stop him in his tracks because you are defining what type of friend he is to be i.e. close, distant, best, friends with benefits etc.

Chances are, he'll start chasing you because he will see your value increase because you are suddenly unavailable or too busy for him while being his friend however, you are just busy getting on with your life at the same time. If things heat up, you can start a new relatioship with him by talking about the things that didn't work out the first time, you are now calling all the shots. A basic human trait is that we want what we can't have and when we have it, we take it for granted. Good Luck =)