Community > Posts By > Cynnared

Cynnared's photo
Thu 09/06/18 02:32 PM
I'm a participant a Guiness Book of World records event. I'm sort of in the record books.

Cynnared's photo
Thu 09/06/18 02:18 PM
Here is my first post. I have been writing for a long while and it's taken me sometimes to embrace the writer that I am and to actually share my original work.

This piece is called Family.

Family

Traditional and steadfast. Family ties are strong while each supports each other. That deep sense of connection and forever bonding. A group that you’re a part of – no strings attached. Each special event celebrated and valuable quality time spent together. Growing up, this was what was shown on what family is supposed to be all about. Ideals seem to make the world go around. It was ingrained in childhood, with some of us still living the ideal of a loving, unconditional acceptance and supporting family. That ideal from long, long ago.

To some, the ideal give way to a different life reality – along with the grieving and letting go to how it really is. We all dream for the ideal. The reality if things can be dark, devastating and soul crushing for the one who is traditional. The loss of perceived family is so overwhelming and the hard negatives come up. That feeling of not feeling valued, worthy or important. No sense of belonging and forever feeling cast out and isolated from those you held close to your heart.

From an internal, private and personal focus comes the outward and external seeing. That old traditional ideal of family shifts to a more unique, authentic and original approach. Coming from one’s own background and home life. Instead of adhering to those rigid ways and views about what family is supposed to be about.

If the ideal is crushed then WHAT IS FAMILY? Those kindred souls who have unconditionally accepted one through friendship and association. Those friendly faces in the places you visit regularly. Those ones who ask to see how you’re doing and showing a great interest with you. Those ones who invite you into their world that helps instill that sense of belonging. There is family in the world and no blood connection required. There is the supports and encouragement.

It’s been a very long while, since I have had family or that sense of belonging. All those old terms of mother, brother, father, sister, cousin, aunt and uncle seem so very foreign to me, as I move forward in life. That is what it’s like being an orphan in this world. Most of the beloved family member in my life, who believed in me and supported me, have all graduated on from this life. My memories of them will be forever cherished and I know, in my heart, they are me guiding my way in life.

In essence, my family are the ones out in this world, who are connected to me by places and the kindred souls who are there. This is where a sense of belonging, acceptance and unconditional love sits.

(C) 2018