Community > Posts By > Patricio60

Patricio60's photo
Tue 02/12/13 10:09 AM
All that I can offer to this question is that following a 38 year marriage that ended in divorce due to lack of interest on both of our parts, I met and married a woman 23 years my junior. Six years later I lost her to cancer (she was 1 day past her 43rd., birthday.)I would gladly have lived those first 38 years over again just for one of the 6 years I had with my deceased wife. She had 2 children and I raised them as my own. One is now a police officer and the other is a law student. As others have mentioned, age is just a number. It's your life...LIVE IT! I'm sure that my children could care less that I was 23 years older than their mother. Theirs is the only opinion that would concern me.

Patricio60's photo
Tue 02/12/13 09:41 AM
Married for 38, then divorced. Married again for 6 years and widowed of that beautiful lady 7 years ago. I live in a small mexican community with few opportunities in the romance department but my antennae are still up...life is too short and no one is meant to be alone. Thinking of moving further south to Jalisco, Michoacan or Guerrero. Create some new memories and broader horizons. Saludos a todo.

Patricio60's photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:35 AM
3 months! you are willing to give up your whole life, your privacy and your independance for a guy who just told you that he loved you! Is that all it takes? In 3 months you cannot possibly know enough about him to dedicate your future. Why move in, it is quite possible to maintain a serious and intimate relationship with a man without 'shacking up'. Run girl, run and thank your lucky stars. You had heartbreak in your life, stop looking for more. Next time really get to know the guy AND HIS FAMILY. Sincere best wishes, there are decent men out there.

Patricio60's photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:13 AM

I might be a little slower than I used to be?

But that is part of QUALITY control.pitchfork slaphead :thumbsup: tongue2 tongue2 flowers

laugh laugh laugh Go Sage laugh laugh laugh

That was the best Sage!!!!!!!

Soooo funnylaugh laugh laugh

So true!!!pitchfork
I find the women ready willing and able. I am the one that's a little slower. But neither of us begrudge the time.winking

Patricio60's photo
Wed 09/16/09 06:58 AM
You hit the nail right on my friend. Same happened to me. I think as male animals we will always admire beauty - we CAN admire it from a different perspective. If not it borders on the perverse.

Patricio60's photo
Tue 09/15/09 10:47 AM
Gracias Angelia. Angela es nombre de mi hijastra. Arriba Mexico. Mi pais, mis gente, mi vida!

Patricio60's photo
Tue 09/15/09 10:45 AM
Gracias por eso Lilith. You are already one of my favorites!

Patricio60's photo
Tue 09/15/09 10:00 AM
Hi all, I am a newbie and would like to get involved in the forums. While I am sincerely looking for a relationship, I don't hold out much hope because I live in Mexico. However everyone's advice on my profile could be a great help. Thanks a buch.

Patricio60's photo
Tue 09/15/09 09:51 AM
waving Hello everyone, I am delighted to have found this website. The forums don't seem to be cluttered with inane chit chat. There actually seems to be some very interesting people on the forums. I look forward to meeting you all.drinker

Patricio60's photo
Tue 09/15/09 09:38 AM
I can only respond from my perspective. Currently I am 70 and I have a little trouble thinking about dating a woman of the same age. In my experience (certainly where I live) they don't seem to be interested in much except sitting around the house, chatting with the other 'crones', looking after their grandchildren, getting obese and waiting to die.

I came to Mexico 20 years ago, met, fell hopelessly in love and married a woman 23 years my junior. We had a complete and blessed relationship until she passed away 3 and a half years ago of cancer. In retrospect, she gave me back 20 years of a dormant lifestyle. Her relative youth. Her 'joi de vivre', dedication and loyalty literally brought me back to life. We partied, we danced on the beach, we drove our ATVs, we enjoyed the beautiful Sea of Cortez in our boat, we camped, traveled, we raised her children and we loved each other. Am I wrong to wish for something similar now that I am a widower?

While I appreciate that I am limiting my choices here in our small village but it doesn't make any sense to have a relationship with another 'very senior' person. I have way too much living to do. I own and operate a beachfront cantina and work 12 to 14 hours a day and I play just as hard. I am not planning for a future, I am in it and I want to enjoy it with someone who can enjoy it with me. At the same time I can help prepare her and her children for theirs.

Age is just a number and does not exist where true love is involved. After all love is not a feeling, it is an ability, and saddly some never develope the ability.

YES some men won't date women their own age but fior decent and mature men, there is usually a reason.