Community > Posts By > FirelotusJB

FirelotusJB's photo
Sat 06/25/16 03:30 PM
There are some things those of us 5- plus - Im 58 - should realize, men or women.

I do gladly talk to younger women if they seem real (more on that in a second) I put preference as 25-60 (And don't rule out over 60).

I'm not looking for a "hookup" but also every encounter I have with a woman needs to be a long term relationship. I'd be happy if it DOES become that, but also happy to just spend some quality time with a woman who appreciates good company.

All of us - men and women - our age come with baggage. Let's be honest. We're likely divorced (At least once) and there were issues that did not make our marriages successful. Of course, we blame it on the other, but if we are honest, it was likely closer to 50-50 our fault (every case is certainly different).

So it's not surprising that when we get a whiff of similar issues we had in our relationships, we shy away.

I love conversations with young women who are optimistic. I also have to be REALISTIC - I could be their fathers, and if they start a conversation with "how handsome"I am and do I want to get to know them better, they are likely a scam (if only down the road). Unless we have talked for a while and had a genuine conversation and then that's different.

I have date my age and dated much younger - recently a lady in her late 20s. She reminded me a lot of me at her age. Our initial connection was definitely intellectual.

I went it to it knowing it would end, and knowing that she would likely spend more of her time with someone younger. That's the deal you strike. Its not a movie and we arent going to ride off into the sunset today.

IF we all look at our own failings and realize the folks "who don't get it" have those too, we might give them more of a chance than generalizing.

Just my (at this point) more than two cents