Community > Posts By > Erin1965

Erin1965's photo
Tue 05/18/10 05:13 AM
happy I really appreciate the welcome from everyone and will learn how to navigate these waters. I've never really gone to forums before.

But thanks again everyone!

Erin1965's photo
Sun 05/16/10 05:24 AM
Hi,
I'm new to the forums and am intrigued about this method of getting to know people. I'm determined to start meeting people again and make friends after getting in the mom, work, chores, etc... rut. I'm not real sure how people my age socialize now.

I like to do volunteer work and am going to Haiti the end of June on a medical mission trip. Have gone twice before in yrs. past (before the rut) and have been anxious to go since the earthquake.

It seems like a lot of the people I've seen on the forums here are a lot younger than I am but everyone seems friendly, so HELLO!

Erin1965's photo
Sun 05/16/10 04:48 AM
There's no place like home.

You had me at hello.

You can't handle the truth.

I will never be hungry again.

I could go on, but I'll spare you

Erin1965's photo
Sun 05/16/10 04:39 AM
I have always wanted to write and have decided to try and get serious about it. I'm trying to decide how I want to come @ it, in what person, fiction, non-fiction, or a mix, memoirs,etc.

An old friend from high school who I found out was an author advised that to get started it might be easier to start w/short stories and then told me about some fiction and non-fiction sites to submit to.

I've started my 1st short story and I'm still trying to organize my head about a book.

Erin1965's photo
Sun 05/16/10 04:29 AM
Most recent would be Blind Side but I have a list as well

Gone With The Wind
The Sound of Music
A Few Good Men
The Wizard of OZ
Pretty Woman
Dirty Dancing

Those are just off the top of my head