Community > Posts By > pdub2100

pdub2100's photo
Tue 05/29/12 06:57 PM
Nice update. I totally forgot about distrowatch.

I've been on Ubuntu for a long while now and may be ready to try something different. I find everyone's opinion helpful.

Does anyone know about Arch Linux? I heard the community there is what makes it so great.

pdub2100's photo
Fri 05/18/12 11:23 PM
Pascal, the french mathematician and physicist once said, "I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time."

I believe being "terse" or concise and polished requires more effort and, therefore, is the hallmark of great care.

pdub2100's photo
Thu 01/14/10 03:08 AM
Solution = Format Windows partition -> Install Linux -> Presto!;

If you get Ubuntu, has firefox browser pre-installed and also transmission(bit-torrent). You will notice no decreased functionality, only much rejoicing.

pdub2100's photo
Thu 01/14/10 02:49 AM
Edited by pdub2100 on Thu 01/14/10 02:53 AM
It's obviously bad for you b/c smoking anything is going to somehow damage your lungs. I don't smoke marijuana for the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes.

As for decriminalization vs. Legalization, States are going to more than likely pursue the latter b/c of the taxation potential at a time when many of them are strapped for revenue. In this way, the idea of "promoting"(if that's what one can call government regulation) marijuana is going to provide proponents the ammunition necessary to quash all of the nay sayers that still believe all those old propaganda ads from the 50's about it making african americans rape white women, people turn into brain-numbed hippies, people crave harder drugs, etc. etc..

@plastic_pancakes, your reasoning is sound. I will accept this.