Community > Posts By > Joliefemme

Joliefemme's photo
Sat 09/19/09 03:50 PM
Is anyone going on the Salsa Cruise hosted by Aventura Dance studios in South Florida in November? Eddie Torres will be one of the instructors. It leaves Friday at 5p and returns Monday at 7a going to Nassau on Royal Carribbean. It is going to be a blast for us latin dancers. A group of Orlando Salsa Heat students are going down, me being one of them. Here is the link in case anyone is interested.

http://aventuradancecruise.com/

Joliefemme's photo
Wed 09/09/09 02:28 AM
I go salsa dancing every weekend and mostly frequent the Samba Room, Cuba Libre, Club Mist, and the Salsa Heat social in Longwood 4th Saturday of the month. I've been to Old Town in Kissimmee on Sunday nights at a club there too. Stopped going to Latin Quarter, after 11pm they play all reggaeton and Blue Martini is doing that too and there is no room to dance on BM's floor unless you dance in the aisles. I'm looking for dance partners. My friends and I found we have to bring our own partners because the men aren't asking girls to dance. What's up with that?

Joliefemme's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:50 PM
Any suggestions on what forum I should post under to find men who like to latin dance in Central Florida? With the large hispanic population here, there must be a lot of single men who salsa, bachata or merengue. I don't consider reggaeton grinding latin dancing either.

Joliefemme's photo
Sat 09/05/09 04:11 AM
Sorry, yesterday was my first time on here. Guess I posted this to the wrong area and got my hand smacked. Didn't see any forum headings that said interests or hobbies.

Joliefemme's photo
Sat 09/05/09 04:06 AM
Bachata dancing comes from the Domenican Republic and can be danced very sensual. There are two types of bachata style. One where you dance together but your bodies apart and then the chemisty style where there is chemistry between you and your body flows as one. Google it on U Tube and see how beautiful it is.

Joliefemme's photo
Fri 09/04/09 08:05 PM
Any men on here salsa dancers in the Central Florida area? I'd love to meet some new dance partners who latin dance. I dance salsa on one and love to dance with a partner who can lead me into spins, dips and fancy patterns. I love salsa but my true favorite is bachata dancing.

Joliefemme's photo
Fri 09/04/09 07:53 PM
I lived in Istanbul 6 years and cooked Turkish food all time. I have a lot of Turkish recipes I collected over those years. I don't cook very much now, just me and my little boy but he still requests etli nohut (bits of lamb with chick peas, tomates and onions). He calls it Turkish chili, I call it comfort food.