Community > Posts By > Ailanred

no photo
Mon 06/20/16 04:27 PM
Folks, I'm always ready to stand corrected. What follows are just my one-cent opinion.

I see the modern interpretation of fitness, martial arts & sports, as 'Positive' physical expressions & 'Pursuits of progress' in human limitations. For example Zumba & Olympics 100m sprints, respectively.

Where it's set-up within perimeters of controlled factors, for example environment like a boxing ring, restrictions like yellow cards playing the field, & or competing in tournaments just for the sake of winnings.

Street encounters are usually survival rules. You're expected to be prepared in unexpected situations. No fair, no fouls. Bare hands against machetes or a Colt 45 even. And still walk out alive. You cannot expect your assailants to be hot-headed rookies, they may be trained professional killers or psychopaths. They may not attack physically with fist or weapons, they kill with mind games.

Nowadays, most fighting styles are distilled forms of 'Combat Arts'. If you trace the heritage of Krav Maga, it was a compilation of different fighting styles, adaptations to the needed circumstances & combinations of the Founders' experience & interpretations.

Muay Thai was a modern interpretation of Muay Boran. Don't take my word for it, just compare it with Muey Chaiya.

One of the few remaining Combat Arts that survived the passage of time, are scholarly articles of Medieval swordsmanship, wrestling & etc.

These arts don't teach you how to self-defense. They only teach you how to kill. & they may not fit our current context or legal jurisdictions.

If you look at styles with traditions, for example Yoga. They used to comprise of spiritual & physical endeavors as one.

In 70s', Westernization divided it into two branches for easier assimilation to cater the masses. Now, there's almost non-existence of Spiritual Yoga; only left with physicals like Hatha or Bikram Yoga. Half of a whole.

Before I delve into 'Martial Arts', I would like everyone consider this:

The human brain is capable of limitless possibilities; the creator of martial arts, true weapons of mass destruction, architect of Heaven on Earth. All the human potential waiting to be uncovered?!

Martial Arts is an assemble of tactics & strategies be it for small or large-scales; conditioning of both mind & body; health care & self-preservation; mental acuity & intellectual enlightenments.

And after all that, what if I were to tell you martial arts is just one small part of kickbacks from Self-cultivation?

Nowadays, we are that 'Lost Generation'; left with fragments of what was once whole.

no photo
Sun 06/19/16 01:18 PM
May I seek the Thread Starter (TS) for permission to garner quotes on pro-love, neutral & pro-singlehood sentiments through collected input from everyone?

Quote collecting is one of my many interest. My collection is leaning towards pro-single; hoping to swing the odds.

I'm would be happy to share with TS' permission. The reason I'm not starting a new topic thread, was that I kind of got desist from certain referencing by the moderators. & I do not want to toe the line any time soon until I got a clearer understanding.