yetanotherusername1's photo
Tue 08/23/16 10:32 AM
A bowl of ice cream... Lastnight. Only coffee so far today, kinda being mean to my body I guess ohwell

Wed 08/17/16 04:01 PM

I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar or a smaller version of it and practice on my camping trips.

But, I have a tough time keeping rhythm. I can't sing either. It sounds great in my mind but when I open my mouth only crap comes out. Kind of like the rest of my communications I guess. laugh

Many people will say their not good at Karaoke. But, those same people listen to me and feel MUCH better about their signing. drinker

I would also like to play the piano. That would be awesome to go into a piano bar and play for everybody.

Man, I always envision myself singing and playing for people but am pretty shy when it comes to that, I would record myself playing and singing and thing, holy crap I sound horrible. I've had people say I have a decent singing voice though. You should most definitely get a guitar! I haven't been playing as much lately because I've been busy but it's so satisfying to learn a new song!

Tue 08/16/16 06:52 PM

A couple more:

Letters to Cleo. Pop/Rock band with a female lead, and great music and lyrics. They had a few hits but probably would have a few more if they launched a little bit later.

PJ Harvey. Indie Rock artist. She had a lot of press/recognition in the 90s, but she didn't really have a mainstream hit (Down By the Water is the closest, I think). I think she is more artistic and talented than Amy Winehouse, but she hasn't compromised her music for hits. And more power to her for that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree with pj Harvey, I've been listening to her 4 track demos a lot lately actually, my 7 year old says she's a terrible singer! I say everyone should listen to Lene Lovich, from 79-81 or so she released a few albums. I personally think Gwen stefani was influenced by her, awesome voice. Also Kate Pierson from b52's has a phenomenal voice!

Tue 08/16/16 06:46 PM
Well Peggy I know it's been said before and since I don't really know you I have to say that gorgeous smile!

Tue 08/16/16 06:43 PM
Weird, and slightly frustrated that so many people including myself work so hard and are usually too tired to enjoy life itself because of it. Really have been thinking of ways to simplify my life more...

Tue 08/16/16 06:40 PM
I play guitar and try to play banjo and mandolin.

Fri 08/12/16 06:59 PM
I wanted to but was so worn out I fell asleep too early. There should still be some in view tonight though, too bad it's cloudy here tonight

Tue 08/02/16 12:56 PM

trivia question, name VJs from MTV. Alan Hunter, Mark Goodman,J.J. Jackson, Nina Blackwood and Martha Quinn

Dave Kendall, miss watching 120 minutes!

Sun 07/17/16 09:04 PM

Ok, so another addiction of mine lately also is collecting vinyl. My time machine isn't up and running so I've been picking up quite a bit of 80's records.

Wanted to thank you for sharing your story, Yetanother .. about drinking .. it touched me. I've never had problems with alcohol though, don't smoke either, but these are probably the two common addictions not easy to get rid of. Not talking about drugs. And it takes a really good will and determination from one to start struggle with.

Which is addictive? .. All of which makes you feel good methinks. And I think that every addiction that makes you a better, friendlier and happier person is a good one. Like Mingle2 lol.
And all that causes drama - pain and suffering to others ain't good at all.
Personally my second addiction would be music. Love to hear it, love to make it. And collecting of course .. The Internet is such a bonanza .. all those greatest hits from 70's 80's and 90's .. you can't buy them all, but you can still extract them from online sources .. YAY! :banana:

You're welcome, I'm happy to hear it, glad to share with appreciative people here! And yes the Internet has become a great way to hear all the old stuff we listened too and discover stuff that was around that should have been in my library to begin with!

Sat 07/16/16 05:47 PM

Sat 07/16/16 05:34 PM
waving

Sat 07/16/16 05:31 PM

Sat 07/16/16 12:02 PM
I'd say so. I met someone playing a game about 8 years ago. Ended up being Facebook friends then after a while texting each other pretty much daily. She is 900 miles away so there was no relationship but we have both mentioned the thought was there at some point. Just never the right situation to pursue any real relationship, with that being said we are great friends and have wonderful conversations although recently less. So it's there, just patience I suppose. I know I'm still waiting!

Sat 07/16/16 11:56 AM
Hiya mzrosie waving

Sat 07/16/16 09:01 AM

Love your life story.

Thank you! Actually have been thinking lately of writing more about growing up, not necessarily for everyone to read but I do find it calming to take time out and reflect. Helps to keep you grounded at times.

Fri 07/15/16 07:39 PM
Whimsical

Fri 07/15/16 07:38 PM

Fri 07/15/16 06:41 PM

Fri 07/15/16 06:34 PM
Runs a chop shop in the seedy part of town

Fri 07/15/16 05:54 PM