Community > Posts By > EchoDelta

EchoDelta's photo
Sat 08/29/09 09:00 AM
Now that I have a new perspective about Online-Dating, I wanted to say hello! I am originally from Southern California and I always wanted to pick up and leave someday.

I never thought there would be such a cultural shock for me as it has been. I certainly never intended to be single in another state and yet here I am. I am committed to finding the right person anyway I can, so I’m here to stay on this site!

:banana:

EchoDelta's photo
Sat 08/29/09 06:21 AM
I read over all of the feedback innumerable times and I have modified both my outlook and my profile. To the people who continued to focus on my obvious poor choice of words in my initial posting, I once again apologize, certainly not meant as read or perhaps written.
It’s the price you pay when you put emotion in writing. People do not have the other essentials of communication to draw from; such as tone, expression and body language. No matter the feedback type, it was all very helpful.

shades

EchoDelta's photo
Fri 08/28/09 06:29 AM
For those of you that felt slighted by my comments – you missed the spirit of my point completely.

For those of you that detected a possible insult and joked about it WELL DONE! Point taken.

For those that are feeling the same way I am, you have my understanding.

EchoDelta's photo
Thu 08/27/09 06:21 PM

Hi Echo,

Do not be discouraged - I like your profile. It just takes some time. Just post in the forums, get to know people. You will make great friends here and even soon have a "2nd" family here.

Best of luck flowerforyou

I see the number of posts the responders have and suddenly feel in over my head, YIKES! tears

EchoDelta's photo
Thu 08/27/09 06:17 PM
On a guy? :wink:

EchoDelta's photo
Thu 08/27/09 06:06 PM
New to Utah (In from Southern California) and I found myself single in a state where I might as well have a single eye, three horns, and purple skin. (I’m beginning to think it would actually be an improvement).

I can accept I’m not the best looking guy on this site but I am so discouraged by the fact that the people who contact me are OBVIOUSLY insincere and the profiles I reach out to ignore me completely. In California I had no issues and I must say I am embarrassed to be on a dating site in the first place. I am especially embarrassed to be here saying what I’m saying at this time.

It seems if I am to remain in Utah I must either plan on being single or seriously lower my standards. Could someone diagnose my profile and tell me what the hell is going on?

No doubt I am setting myself up with this post but I no longer care!