Community > Posts By > RobP

RobP's photo
Tue 08/04/09 08:15 PM
smoking is definately hard to quit, especially if you dont really want to. After trying for many years, but not overly wanting to, I started to hate smoking. I didnt like getting up in the morning to hack a lung up, then light one up. I finally came to the point I actually wanted to quit. Like Andy said, you need something to keep yourself busy with.. chewing on toothpicks are great, as well as holding a pencil helps with the mental need to have the cig in hand/mouth. After your physical cravings go away, its just looking at each waking day as a clean slate for your health. Feb 1 will be my 2 year anniversary of the day I quit smoking. I can breath better, food tastes better, I hardly ever cough. I never thought I would be able to call myself a non smoker.. but if I can do it, anyone can. I went from 2 packs a day to none. Good luck and dont give in to the demons that will be haunting you the first few weeks.. your mind will make everything seem like a tragedy and make you feel you need to smoke.. dont let it get to you, fight them thoughts, and you will make it.