Community > Posts By > megooberhead

megooberhead's photo
Fri 10/05/07 07:50 PM
Since he is 3, almost 4, I usually do 4 minute time outs. But when it comes to being mean to his brother, I have been doubling it. The time out is either in the kitchen on the time out mat or he has to stay on his bed (no toys in there, they have a playroom). But he gets back up from time out and starts it all again. I don't spank, or any physical discipline, I don't want to either. I have showed him the scratches and marks where he has hurt the baby and he thinks it is funny. He doesn't treat any other kids like this, I don't understand it.

megooberhead's photo
Fri 10/05/07 06:56 PM
I have two boys, the oldest will be four in two weeks and the baby is 19 months. My older son has been getting very agressive with the baby, pushing him down, hitting, kicking, pulling his hair, etc. I put him in time out or in bed, and I have tried to explain to him that this behavior is unacceptable. I am afraid that he is really going to hurt his little brother or even that the baby will pick up the bad habits of hitting/pushing/pulling hair/etc. I have no idea what else to try...does anyone have any ideas?