Community > Posts By > GinNC

GinNC's photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:31 PM
I have to give my take on this, mostly my values. I've always felt that if a person were to date or marry another that has children no matter the age that its a all or nothing situation. If you love someone enough to marry them the family is a package deal to be loved as if they were your own.

GinNC's photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:19 PM
Found my way here as well. Married for 30 years and 7 months, widower for 8 months. Some of the things we talked about when we discovered she had cancer and it was Stage 3 Multiple Myeloma was that she did not want me to be alone and unhappy. Initially I approached the end of her life with the aim to do what she wanted for me. It was very difficult and my heart wasn't into it for a while. I had deep questions if I was just trying to fill the void of loneliness and I think I was for the first 3 months. Now what I miss more than anything is the unconditional love, someone that melts my heart when I look in their eyes even if we're together for years, someone I would lay my life down for in a heartbeat. I miss being in love.