Community > Posts By > Doxieluver

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. I had good insurance & disability at the time so it wasn't too bad. Don't know I could do it again as I was married & had someone to help me after surgery. I really think alot has to do with your attitude after surgery. I'm a pretty upbeat person & was determined to not let it change my life. I also think keeping belly fat down helps alot. If I gain weight my back starts acting up. As soon as I lose it I feel better. Good luck with your back and getting it fixed.happy

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 12:40 PM

Need a nap?

No just bored..........yawn

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 12:27 PM
In my case they just removed the part of the disc that herniated. Recovery time was 6 weeks out of work & 6 week half time. I went snow sking 5 months after the first one. Ruptured the 2nd one 2 years later after a week of skiing - lol. Surgery basicially the same. My disc are still in place with good spacing so I can do most anything. I just avoid gaining too much weight, lifting heavy things or sitting wrong. I get an adjustment once a month or so. My doc said one more hernation in the same area and they would fuse. I'm not letting that happen if I can help it. Both surgery were in the early 90's so I'm doing good. I used an orthopedic surgery for my surgery. Good luck.

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 12:10 PM
Ice is best. I've had two lower back surgeries for herniated disc so I know how it can be. Still have problems once in awhile but otherwise most people don't know I have back problems. I also use chiroprators - have since 1982 when miltary said my disc was bulged but I had to learn to live with it. Same nerve - if you don't unpinch it, it will die. Good luck. Knee to chest stretches help also.:smile:

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 11:53 AM
yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 11:22 AM

Ty Pennington - he could build me a shelter, plus keep me warm :banana:

So could Robinson Crusoe.rofl rofl

But he's not as HOT as Ty. Plus I think Ty would be cool to talk to - afterwards........smooched

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 11:21 AM

Good news!! A cruise ship will be coming by once a month and you can ask for one thing to be tossed to you. What do you want? {They can't pick you up because of coral reefs and stuff.}

A steak - I'd be sick of fruit by then......laugh

Doxieluver's photo
Tue 07/14/09 11:15 AM
Ty Pennington - he could build me a shelter, plus keep me warm :banana:

Doxieluver's photo
Sun 07/12/09 08:12 AM

Oh well the military is all about control, so I guess it fits the profile to control that too.

The military is not about control!!!!!
It's about team work and discipline and respect.
I would personally appreciate it if you wouldn't say things like that about the military. (but it is your opinion all though not truth).
And if you read the article it is PENTAGON HEALTH EXPERTS who are suggesting this.

Really! I'm retired military reserves and I agree that the military is not about control but teamwork. It's what I miss the most in this "me" generation. I went to a military school for retraining in 2000 & was in classes w/18-19 years old. All they could talk about what they wanted out of the military but what they didn't want to do to get it - ie: wear uniforms, wear hair short, etc. I never heard so much complaining in my life. I appreciate what the military gave to me considering the poor background I came from. If it wasn't for them I would have my college degree, pension & repected for the USA, that I now have. Was it easy? - H#LL NO, but I've earned my own way most of my life. I can only hope that the smoker of the world who are draining the VA health network don't screw up my benefits in the futures. If the military does ban smoking then people will just have to make up their own mind whether they smoke or join the military, simple as that. Basic training is the prefect time to quit and there are other ways to releave stress for our military members. JMO

Doxieluver's photo
Sun 07/12/09 07:48 AM
Thanks, silver fox. Kinda like I post photos on Craiglist forum. I didn't grow up in a bakery Vivian, but we always got donuts & coffee cakes from L & M Bakery after church on Sunday. It's why I don't like mass produced donuts, especially the Krispy Kreme kind. I miss the "time to make the donuts" commericails from Dunkin Donuts - lol.smile2

Doxieluver's photo
Sun 07/12/09 06:49 AM

I was just trying to figure out how to post photos in a reply too, if you find out ..will you share the info?

I love Krispy Kreme...but that are PURE sugar!

Sure. I only can eat Krispy Kreme when I am real tired & need a high dose of sugar w/my coffee. I grew up on a homeowned bakery in S NJ owned by Italians so I'm kinda of snob about donuts - lol.rofl

Doxieluver's photo
Sun 07/12/09 06:39 AM
How do you post photos in your reply? No eggs for me - Cheerio's w/blueberrys. Trying to get the numbers under 200 :smile: Of course Dunkin Donuts Chocolate glazed does sound good.....Never could get into the Krispy Kreme donut the southerners like....whoa

Doxieluver's photo
Sun 07/12/09 06:34 AM
I think it is a good idea but will be hard to enforce. I had to get out of active service to give them up. Of course it is shown that the higher education level you are the less likely you smoke. I think the military should make it easier to take classes while on duty. I got out of active after 8 years and went to college where there were less people smoking. I really quit for a man - lol. But I think being educated & out of active service helped me quit. Smoke free now for 24 years......happy

Doxieluver's photo
Sun 07/12/09 06:16 AM
Good morning from hotlanta everyone. Sorry the humidity prevents me from opening the door or windows. Already 76 degrees & muggy. Hopefully it will rain today so my neighbors can't use their pool. slaphead

Doxieluver's photo
Sat 07/11/09 10:56 AM
Edited by Doxieluver on Sat 07/11/09 10:57 AM
No, but not for race reason - I'm just attracted to fair skin, fair hair guys. Don't even find dark brown or black hair on a white guy attractive. Of course at my age I can hope he's gone gray or bald. No comb overs need apply........laugh

Doxieluver's photo
Sat 07/11/09 10:51 AM
drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool drool

Doxieluver's photo
Sat 07/11/09 06:23 AM
Edited by Doxieluver on Sat 07/11/09 06:25 AM

I dream of being kissed like I see on TV & the movies - where the man holds my head while kissing me.......love

i like it when the woman holds my.....umm head too smokin

I agree - except to your implied "head" - my experience is that men's hands are always somewhere else. Only remember 1 time where on the first date with my ex we had a 1 hour kissing session where his hands weren't grabbing my **** or butt..... ohwell

Doxieluver's photo
Sat 07/11/09 06:01 AM
Morning - Happy Saturdaydrinker

Doxieluver's photo
Sat 07/11/09 05:53 AM
Edited by Doxieluver on Sat 07/11/09 05:54 AM
I dream of being kissed like I see on TV & the movies - where the man holds my head while kissing me.......love

Doxieluver's photo
Fri 07/10/09 11:05 AM
Sassy :wink: