Community > Posts By > Lazslo

no photo
Sun 10/18/09 08:30 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself

no photo
Sun 10/18/09 01:00 AM

I think a lot of people miss the point of the movie, which was actually the same point of the book. The story deals with a child throwing a tantrum and running wild, being scared and being a brat, something all kids do. The movie conveyed the fear and wonder of being a child perfectly, in my opinion. I think the trailers for the movie are cut wrong, they make it look like a family friendly movie, when really I think it should be for kids, what, 9 and up? Not sure, just expressing my feelings towards this. Now that I look like a complete snob :p

The trailers were decieving to someone who has never "read" the book. Which is me. I don't think my room mates 7year old has read the book either. I am sure it had some type of theraputic affects on certain individuals or it may have caused painful memories in some.

Yeah, I can see how that happened, the trailers kind of make it look like it's gonna be a 90 minute long hug-fest. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I can't deny that it was pretty intense. But hey, like I just said, look at some of the movies that were kid-oriented in the 80s. Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Return to Oz, Neverending Story, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.

no photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:56 AM
Well yeah, I know it's not just that, guess I was too general in my description, heh. Just trying to say, it's good that it doesn't talk down to it's audience, I think that it's a pretty honest movie in the way it deals with how kids take things, doesn't really pander to them. Kids should be scared every once in a while, I mean geez look at kid's movies from the 80s.

no photo
Sun 10/18/09 12:39 AM
I think a lot of people miss the point of the movie, which was actually the same point of the book. The story deals with a child throwing a tantrum and running wild, being scared and being a brat, something all kids do. The movie conveyed the fear and wonder of being a child perfectly, in my opinion. I think the trailers for the movie are cut wrong, they make it look like a family friendly movie, when really I think it should be for kids, what, 9 and up? Not sure, just expressing my feelings towards this. Now that I look like a complete snob :p