Community > Posts By > Jef1957

Jef1957's photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:04 PM
I for one prefer women my own age. I keep breaking the young onessmokin

Jef1957's photo
Sat 11/14/09 05:01 PM
Heading over to the club and doing a photo shoot tonight.

Jef1957's photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:52 PM

Are defined by your actions?

Do you allow yourself to be defined by your actions?

How would you define yourself?

Do you enforce this (the above definition)?

If not, have you ever thought about it?

Well...I think we are all defined by our actions in one way or another. Look at some of the worst despots throughout history and it's easy to see how they were defined by their actions. Now, do you think that the aforementioned despots thought of themselves the same way history painted them? Probably not.

I think that, in some instances, defining oneself by our actions can be advantageous. If you lived in a tough neighborhood and just beat up the local tough guy, it's to your advantage to have that action on your side. People would generally not mess with you anymore. That's a good thing.

I define myself as a really nice guy -- always been and always will be. I don't think that there's really any need to do any kind of enforcement, it just happens naturally. To me, enforcement means having to force yourself to do something. You shouldn't have to force yourself to do anything. As a matter of fact, the more you force yourself to do something, the greater the odds of you failing.

Anyway, just my $0.02 worth.

Jef1957's photo
Sat 11/14/09 04:19 PM

:heart: Would you be jealous if your significant other spent more time with their best friend than with you?:heart:

Dunno if I'd be jealous but I'd sure want to figure out why the significant other is doing it. I was in that situation once and just decided that she was better off with her BFF than me as all I heard was how tired and cranky she was all the time. I decided that since I wasn't getting anything out of the relationship anyway it was best to just move on. Haven't looked back...

Jef1957's photo
Mon 06/01/09 06:50 AM
I was a caregiver, what's up?

Jef1957's photo
Sat 05/30/09 02:09 PM
Ahhhh...gotcha. I guess those two deserve each other then. Oh well, life marches on :O)

Jef1957's photo
Sat 05/30/09 09:40 AM

This is not a relationship topic.

I have a co-worker that is jealous of me, for whatever reason...I personally don't know why. Seems he may be obsessed with trying to get me fired, again, don't know why. Luckily my manager sided with me on that one. Anyway, why would someone be jealous? Jealous of me no less? I was thinking of making soup but...uh...sorry, trailing off-topic here...

I noticed in a later post that you mentioned that you went out with his then girlfriend. Now, with that little tidbit, here's what I sense. Is it possible that when he looks at you, he's reminded of his failures with the former GF? Obviously, there were problems in their relationship otherwise she wouldn't have been sniffing around. Time is of no consequence in matters like this. You to could work together for the next 20 years and every day he'd be reminded of the pain of his failure. From the looks of it, his was of dealing with the situatiion is to lash out and try to get you fired. Suffice it to say, it must really suck to be him. The problem that he has is not with you, it's with himself.

Anyway, just wanted to give you another perspective. Hope that helps...

Jef1957's photo
Fri 05/22/09 06:59 PM
I've been a widower for just under 2 years.

Jef1957's photo
Fri 05/22/09 06:51 PM
Aloha from Tucsonglasses