Community > Posts By > zsem

zsem's photo
Fri 05/13/16 04:04 AM
Hello there

zsem's photo
Mon 05/09/16 03:00 AM
Finding someone is a hard thing for us christian girls, specially that it is written in the bible that we should not be equally yoke to unbelievers... And as for me patiently waiting is a must because I don't wanna end with a personal choice but a God's choice, and so I list 10 things that are non-negotiables for my future husband and I am praying for these characters that these should not be compromised whenever I have met someone that I think k has potentials... I am not limiting myself to someone just here from my local church or from my country..I believe God is above all so I know there's a possibility that he could be at other part of the word,... Girls just a reminder when you think you started being attracted to someone check you list of non-negotiables, first Is he a christian? Does he love God more than anyone? Can he make you love and appreciate God even more?
go girl,check your heart always.

:ribbon::sparkles::person_with_blond_hair::heartpulse::princess::sparkles::ribbon:

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 07:25 PM
Hi to all christian men here, I am happy to k ow that there is a group like this where I can meet christian male friends... And I am not limiting myself to it... Gods willing I may find here also the man that He has prepared for me...

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 07:01 PM
Hahahha... Thanks for that warm welcome... I am reading your conversations actually...and its quite faith building... Were u all in the ministry here?

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 05:57 PM
By: stifanny Langford
Ask God to help you become the husband/wife you are called to be, even if you are not already in that position.

To us, waiting may seem like wasting. But to God, waiting is preparation. He has a big work to do in you and the heart of your future spouse before He calls you both together. With that being said, here are 10 ways to prepare for marriage.

1. Conquer your insecurities

Many men and women don't see the full potential God has created them to be. I definitely didn't. I constantly put myself down and struggled with insecurity, and it reared its ugly head in my marriage. I was always afraid I wouldn't be good enough for my husband.

But I didn't realize he loved me for me. He was crazy about me and no one else could even come close. So if a man makes you feel anything less, don't marry him. You are worth more than you know. Be secure in yourself, and it will show in your marriage. Start by not insulting yourself in anyway and see how something so small can transform your mind.

2. Get rid of selfishness

When you are single, all you have to think about is yourself. You pay your own bills, buy whatever you want, and do whatever you want. When you get married, you have to put the needs of your spouse and your children above your own, so right now start thinking of ways to give of your time and resources. Don't make life all about you. Give freely and think of others. Only thinking of yourself can cause huge problems in your future marriage, so start changing your mindset now.

3. Give more than you receive

Throughout your marriage, you will learn the art of compromising. We cannot enter marriage with a mindset of "me, me, me." How would you feel if your partner only cared about their own feelings, wants, desires, and needs? Enter marriage with the mindset to give 100% and expect nothing in return. When both partners give 100%, that is what makes a marriage beautiful.

4. Put aside pride

Do you know anyone who doesn't know how to say sorry? Me too. They throw away every friendship, family relationship, and romantic relationship because they are too proud to ever be wrong. Being humble takes a big person.

No one likes to be wrong, but we are all human and mess up. If you do something wrong, learn to say sorry, put aside your pride now and pray God helps you to be humble enough to admit your trespasses.

5. Learn the value of commitment

Marriage is not something to be taken lightly. Gods design ultimately did not include divorce as an option. When you get mad at your spouse, you are supposed to fix things, not throw them away.

While there are instances where divorce may be the best thing (adultery, abuse, etc),maybe you should just take a step back, breathe, and work through your problems. Decide to set your mindset right now that when you say, "I do," it is not temporary. Take your vows literal, til death do us part.

6. Practice purity

No matter what culture tries to sell you, purity is always best. Sex ties your spirit with your partner, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to be tied to every man I've slept with long after I've found my Boaz.

Even if you haven't saved yourself, purity begins the day you decide it does. Purity of the heart and mind is just as important as physical purity. Don't allow your mind be full of lust. When you practice purity now, it will be beneficial to your marriage in ways I can't even begin to explain.

7. Learn to manage your money

Money is one of the biggest things that couples argue about. If you learn to manage your money now while you are single, it won't be so difficult when you get married. (you also might want to rethink marrying someone who is reckless in their spending habits.)

When you have poor money management skills, it makes your life and marriage much more difficult, let alone throwing a couple kids into the mix. Learn to manage your money now, and it will pay off in your future.

8. Study God's idea of marriage

The Bible is jammed packed with advice on marriage. Learn God's design for marriage now to benefit you later on down the road. When you pray and ask God to make you into the wife your future husband needs, you are preparing yourself for a better marriage. Instead of focusing so much on finding the right person, focus on becoming the right person.

9. Managing the home

Little things like cooking may not seem like a big deal until you get married. The young Tiffany burned a microwave dinner and watched her poor husband eat it, but I've come a long way since then. (Just this last Thanksgiving and Christmas I hosted the family dinner!) I wish I would have tried cooking one new meal a night, and prepared in every way I could for marriage.

When you are young, poor, and married, eating in saves you a lot more money then spending $20 at Chipotle. Budgeting was also a lifesaver, because you know where your money is going. I was a tad clueless in this department so I'm telling you, this area matters more than you realize, start preparing Now!

10. Become a praying husband/wife

Right now, even if you don't have the slightest idea who you will marry someday, you can start praying for your partner. They are the other half of your heart, and prayer is what will get you both through the hardest times in your life.

Whatever life throws at you, you can face it hand in hand, down on your knees in prayer. Prayer connects you with your partner, long before you meet them and paves the road to when you both come together. Pray also to become the kind of husband/wife that your future spouse needs. Prayer is the most powerful thing you can do to prepare for marriage.

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 05:30 PM
Hello, cowboy for real? Just kidding... What's your name? I see you are active in this group..a lot of topics... I had a lot to catch up

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 05:17 PM
Hi, let's wait for Gods perfect plan ... All of us here are made for a purpose..our lives already planned... We just gonna pray harder that as we live may our decisions end up always in his Will... Faith moves mountain...

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 05:11 PM
Hi guys... How was life in here?

zsem's photo
Fri 05/06/16 05:05 PM
Hi to everyone, hope to find new friends in here, I see this is a christian singles chat... Anyone here now?