Community > Posts By > rds1979

rds1979's photo
Fri 05/08/09 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the good advice. I'll definitely ask her out in the near future.

rds1979's photo
Fri 05/08/09 06:11 AM
OK. I'm looking for some unbiased advice from anyone willing to give it.

My divorce was finalized about 6 months ago, although we'd been separated since the fall of 2007.

I'm 30 years old, and lately I've been getting along very well with another young woman at my church. I've never really talked with her before, but I suddenly found myself very attracted to her. She's very attractive, intelligent, funny, and we share many similar values. I asked her recently how old she was, and she said she was 23. I honestly thought she was older than that.

Now, while I haven't really known her all that well until recently, I've come to be pretty good friends with her parents over the years, especially her mother. I also get along really well with her little sister, who is now 16, from when I taught her class at church a few years ago. I also know that her parents had nothing but the utmost respect for me as I went through the crap that was my divorce.

And, while my ex-wife no longer attends the church, her whole family, again especially her mother, knew my ex-wife until she stopped attending this church.

Now trust me, I'm not looking for a rebound girl or anything. I've been on a few dates, and I feel like I'm getting a pretty good grasp on what I'm looking for in a woman. And this young woman someone I'd like to get to know better, possibly on a romantic level.

There are some obvious things I'm wondering:
a) Is the age difference too great? Would it be icky for me to ask her out?
b) Is it just too weird and complicated that she and her entire family knows who my ex-wife is?
c) Any other concerns/complications you may see, or any other reasons that you may say "go for it!"

Thanks.