Community > Posts By > rsf3612

rsf3612's photo
Fri 06/05/09 04:00 AM

revelations is the only book in the Bible that describes the end of time...

It is REVELATION, not REVELATIONS!

It is a book, a vision for the 1st century church. It is NOT about black helicopters, or the Russians, or anything about the 21st century.

It is an admonition to the 1st century church to be faithful, even in the face of Roman persecution. It is an admonition to the church, in the 1st century, to be morally pure and doctrinally sound.

That is IT. Of course, it has a message for us today too.

But this 'Hal Lindsey' stuff is all hoo=hah. Sorry. That's how I feel.

rsf3612's photo
Fri 06/05/09 03:41 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to 'cash in my chips' as far as 'net' dating is concerned.

Pictures don't tell it all--sometimes they are deceptive.

And really, how can you tell if you are compatible simply by physical attraction anyway? You can't.

I'm thinking that the old-fashioned way is the only way. Getting OUT, meeting people in social situations, trusting in 'kismet'. You know, believing that God will put you in the right place to find that right one.

At 54, I never thought I'd be 'looking' again. But I am. I look forward to the day I DO find somone...but haven't yet.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if there was simply a place where people, who are looking to get married, could simply gather, meet people, SEE them, and TALK? Not a bar, but a place where the expressed intention of going was to meet a MATE? I think it would be a great thing.

rsf3612's photo
Fri 06/05/09 03:35 AM
I'm from Omaha...but would rather live somewhere else.

New to mingle2, but about ready to give up on the 'net' to find a soulmate.

rsf3612's photo
Fri 06/05/09 03:32 AM
I guess I'M a nice guy. I'm new to the 'dating scene', but so-far, am finding it difficult to meet women. I've tried. I'm not too bad looking, IMHO. Regardless, I'm about to give up on the 'net'. The pictures don't often tell the truth (been burned before), and even pictures don't give the TOTAL picture. I hope I find someone who is kind and nice and even just average looking. I am not fussy, and I am NOT desperate. I think I'll have a much-better chance meeting someone at various social functions than I will on the net. I AM a 'nice guy', and I will not 'finish last'. Instead of 'net dating', it would be nice if there were places where singles could go and actually MEET people who WANT to get married. Where they could SEE others, and TALK. Not a bar, mind you, but just a gathering place with the expressed intention of meeting a mate.

rsf3612's photo
Fri 06/05/09 03:20 AM
I'm about ready to give up on 'net' dating. Pictures don't always tell the truth. (I've been burned several times). Besides, there just aren't that many pictures that I've seen that attract me anyway. And I'm not THAT fussy, really. And then the games some of you women have played. Sick of that too. I'm ready to try and find a wife the old-fashioned way.

Or maybe I should stand in front of WalMart with a sign, "Single and looking." :)