Community > Posts By > Jarlsb

Jarlsb's photo
Fri 11/20/15 01:57 PM
Similar problem. I get an email notification at my "regular" email domain; but, there is nothing showing in my mingle inbox - at all.

Last two days...

Jarlsb's photo
Thu 10/22/15 06:50 AM
There's a great deal now - $499 R/T airfare, 6 nights in a 4 star hotel, daily breakfasts, airport transportation, etc. But, that's for DOUBLE OCCUPANCY. Anyone interested in sharing a room in the Azores in January- February? For $549 there's another package of 9 days over New Years. Fly out of Boston.

Email me if interested.

Thanks!

Jarlsb's photo
Tue 06/02/15 03:45 PM
I have never been there; but, plan to go and check out American/British ex-pat enclaves this year. With a very low cost of living and the lower EURO, it seems like a great place to retire.

Anyone have experience with living or retiring there? I would especially like to find the towns/suburbs where there are a lot of ex-pats.

Jarlsb's photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:38 AM

Looking to meet mature woman 65+

Probably not a lot of immature ones at that age :-)

YES....!!! That is sooo funny! Thanks for the giggles!

Jarlsb's photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:28 AM
Yes... I am getting near that decision (dentures vs. implants) myself. There's a term "Medical Tourism" which refers to going out of the country to save BIG! I have two friends who have gone to Los Algondes Mexico and saved over 80% vs. getting implants in the USA. You walk across the border near El Paso, TX and there are over 200 MODERN SAFE ENGLISH speaking dental clinics available. Yes, your dental insurance will cover procedures done there; they cannot bill directly but will fill out all the paperwork for you.

Google: "Los Algondes dental" Research the many sites. My advice would be to go there, see if you are comfortable with everything, and get an estimate.

RE: Pain and the procedure -- As someone else has mentioned, you may need to have the bone "built-up" which is done with (yes!) cadaver bone. Usually, not every tooth is replaced with an implant. Think of the implant as a "socket" onto which they put a bridge. Works great! Looks great! Yes... some pain... But, just do it b/c you know you already have a low grade infection which affects your health.

Hope this helps!