Community > Posts By > massagetrade

no photo
Tue 05/03/16 06:17 PM
The thing I don't get about these lawsuits is that these people are trying to force a big company to change how they do things... while still patronizing that company.

If you don't like how they do things, why are you still shopping there? And if you think they put too much ice in their iced drinks, then why are you buying those iced drinks?

I've seen this in the past with lawsuits against tech firms. I mean, its one thing if you bought a product and it was represented to be scratch resistant but it wasn't, or if it was represented to get good reception and it doesn't.... but otherwise there's no need to sue - just don't buy the product!

I agree with MsHarmony, I think that an "entitled" attitude is at play here. If you have an entitled attitude, you think its okay to force other people to do things your way.

no photo
Thu 04/28/16 06:12 PM
Its interesting how arizona and new mexico are so different.

no photo
Thu 04/28/16 06:09 PM
amazing

no photo
Thu 04/28/16 06:08 PM
These days "advocating for personal responsibility" is somehow "victim blaming".

I've heard stories from guys who said they were intimate with women they met at the bar - they said those women were fully awake and explicitly consented to everything. But the next day the women says she remembered none of it, and certainly didn't remember giving consent.

I don't even know how the law treats this in this day and age. Maybe one day it'll be illegal to have sex unless you've previously signed a written agreement, or check each others breathalizers to confirm you are capable of giving consent.

no photo
Thu 04/28/16 06:02 PM

..the OK court said "we're not going to legislate from the bench."

That's what I read, and its the right decision. The people who don't like the result need to get out there and lobby for better laws.

no photo
Wed 04/27/16 02:53 PM
“When religion and politics travel in the same cart, the riders believe nothing can stand in their way. Their movements become headlong - faster and faster and faster. They put aside all thoughts of obstacles and forget the precipice does not show itself to the man in a blind rush until it's too late.”

no photo
Wed 04/27/16 10:01 AM
Thank's for posting this, SassyEuro, its a great timeline. I've been carefully watching the drama at mizzou since the beginning but there are still details in this post which I had missed.

I think it'd be wonderful if the university suffered even greater financial harm, so that other universities might hesitate before caving to hateful, Orwellian cry-bullies.

no photo
Wed 04/27/16 09:54 AM

Do you feel attractive people have more privileges?

hell yes. you should see all the priviledges i get
laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Wed 04/27/16 09:51 AM
Governor Ricketts, Senator Garrett, and the entire state of Nebraska have all played crucial roles in getting civil asset forfeiture reform passed and signed into law. Now, civil liberties, private property, and the rule of law will once again be protected in the Cornhusker State, serving as a great example for the rest of the nation to follow.

That's great news!

no photo
Tue 04/26/16 03:17 PM
I hope this is one topic that all liberals and all conservatives can agree on - civil forfeiture has been abused and citizens should be protected from this abuse.

Even when this guy is in the media spotlight and is trying to do the right thing he still says:

He had a perfectly legitimate reason to be in possession of all that cash

I'm a private citizen! I don't need a my reasons 'legitimized' by other people to keep my money as cash. Maybe I just don't like the banks! Maybe I want to make some some perfectly legal purchases but keep don't like having financial institutions spy on every transaction I make. Maybe I enjoy the look, feel, and smell of paper money. Who they hell are they to question whether anyone has a 'legitimate' reason to keep their money outside of the banking system?

It's a sad state of affairs when simply keeping your money as cash requires justification. The banks really do rule over us.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 03:20 PM
laugh laugh laugh

Wow. Reality just out-did all those satirical fake news sites.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 03:15 PM

one day, it will make news when a man marries a woman and neither have had any enhancements,,,,

laugh laugh

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 03:14 PM
Just after the teen's court hearing on April 19, the girl’s father, Parminder Singh, 25, claimed he was going to forgive him and accept an out of court settlement.

Surely India's criminal justice system is not so backwards as to allow a relative of the victim to accept a settlement in a case like this, as complete replacement for criminal charges.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 03:02 PM

They are happy and contented with the simplicity of life they live. Most of them are not exposed that much with the worldly things for they live a secured , safe and protected life. Well, some of them do wish to have more freedom. The devoted muslims men and women live a simple life, they are not into drinking or bar hopping or other worldly things.

Yes, women can't drive...but why drive if they have a husband to drive them or they can afford to pay for a driver?

Yes, it's a male dominated society indeed because they believe that women are the weakest sex and are always submissive to their husbands, they who need protection and should be well taken cared of, showered with love, respect and all the good things in life.

I respect your efforts to nurture respect for other cultures, but I think some of the passages here disturbing.

You do realize that there were also some slaves in the South that were happy and contented with the simplicity of the life they lived, right? I mean, seriously, whole sections of your text could have been lifted directly from a pro-slavery propaganda piece from back then.

The fact that some people find a way to be contented and happy in an oppressive system doesn't make it okay.

If you have a free society, then some people can _choose_ to be obedient to their spouses and be taken care of by their spouses. No problem there. But most women in those countries have no choice.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 02:56 PM
I've seen some more of the more extreme anti-Jackson propaganda lately and I think its unfortunate, but I'm still very happy to have Tubman on our money.

Extremist anti-racists are out there every day lying about the degree of 'oppression' they all experience in 21st century USA. (Oh no! Micro-aggressions! Safe spaces!)

Some of these anti-racists are furious that mainstream culture is 'throwing them a bone' (so they think) in the form of Tubman on the bill. The reality is that mainstream culture just is not as racist as they think it is. I'm stoked that we've had a black president, and that even though black people make up less than 1/5 of the population and many are born in poverty, we have so many wealthy and powerful black people in the US.

Every decade we move towards a less racist society, but some of these anti-racists would rather sow hatred and spread lies than be a part of the solution.

Being inclusive at every reasonable opportunity should take some of the wind of their hate-filled sails.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 02:48 PM

I was shocked to read that over 100 people tried to commit suicide and only 1 succeeded. I'm pretty sure that if I really wanted to kill myself I would be successful. I'd start by doing lots of research on different methods and their success rates, then I'd use several high quality methods simultaneously. (Note: I am definitely not thinking of killing myself.)

So I looked at stats online and saw that some researchers report a 3-5% success rate for attempted suicides, in general.

Why is that number so low?

---------------------------------------------------------------
* Even some Governments that have institutional death penalty "FAIL" at a good kill.

True, but the stats I saw suggested that around 3% of executions failed, with 97% being successful. Meanwhile only 1% of these "suicide attempts" succeeded, and 99% failed.

I do have to wonder how many of these 100 "suicide attempts" were actually cries for help, rather than sincere efforts to self terminate.

* Often suicide deaths are listed as accidents or other. I feel the true numbers are deeply hidden.

Yes, that's true.

no photo
Fri 04/22/16 07:12 PM

I would have to believe when science are growing pigs for organ transplants and not primates or fish that we r more closer to pigs

Well, there are different ways for things to be 'close'.

Think of sharks and dolphins. Dolphins are closer to us than they are to sharks, in terms of evolution and the family tree for all life on this planet. BUT they are 'closer in appearance' to sharks then to humans.

Pigs make great animals for organ transplants for a variety of reasons, but that by itself doesn't make them closer to humans on family tree. Other primates really are closer to us than pigs. One of the reasons we use pigs instead of monkeys is because monkeys are so close to us, that some people are not comfortable using them for research. But we are already eating pigs. That's not a scientific concern, its a cultural/political one.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/09/why-pigs-are-so-valuable-for-medical-research.html

no photo
Fri 04/22/16 07:06 PM

I was shocked to read that over 100 people tried to commit suicide and only 1 succeeded. I'm pretty sure that if I really wanted to kill myself I would be successful. I'd start by doing lots of research on different methods and their success rates, then I'd use several high quality methods simultaneously. (Note: I am definitely not thinking of killing myself.)

So I looked at stats online and saw that some researchers report a 3-5% success rate for attempted suicides, in general.

Why is that number so low?

because most suicide "attempts" are just people who want attention...

Yeah, I just don't know what percentage they make up. There are also a handful of people who use suicide attempts as a way to control the people who love them - they never intended to die, just put on a good show and then use it to emotionally manipulate others. Again, I have no idea what kind of percentage they are, but those folks are definitely out there.

no photo
Fri 04/22/16 06:13 PM

That these folks are quitting politics, and that green party people are speaking out against them is great news. I have nothing against Muslims. But I do have something against the many sexist muslims who are not willing to adapt to western culture. If they won't adapt to simple things like treating women with respect, what other regressive ideology are they clinging to?

umm... all of them...

Yeah, I think that's a legit concern. But I've known some sexist muslims who were _not_ theocratic, so... there are some muslims who are willing to give up some of the worsts aspects of their beliefs, but not other terrible aspects. Baby steps?

no photo
Fri 04/22/16 06:09 PM
racism:the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

That's a great definition.

Just to be clear, when I complained about 'people who go on and on about privilege' I did _not_ mean you, or anyone who thinks privilege is worth discussing. There's a different culture out there of SJWs who are in my opinion completely insane.

Their insane definition of racism basically makes it impossible for any non-white person to be racist in the US.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25