Community > Posts By > Rennz61

Rennz61's photo
Wed 04/08/15 04:36 AM

Is extramarital affair a sin?

Is this a Christian forum? If you are a Bible believing Christian then you should know that is called adultery and yes it is a sin. I believe in calling a spade a spade

Rennz61's photo
Wed 04/08/15 12:43 AM
Hi there, yes you can be saved without being baptized, salvation usually comes first then baptism in water and baptism in the Holy Spirit follows after, cheers

Rennz61's photo
Tue 04/07/15 10:48 PM
Edited by Rennz61 on Tue 04/07/15 10:50 PM

Some very rigid and unloving thoughts here. "Before you take the speck out of your brothers eye, take the log out of your own".
In the Torah God designed divorce to look after a spouse who was being neglected. That was permissable because He is a God of Love.
God loves every divorced person and cares for them deeply.
Who is anyone to be 'religious' and condemn divorce when it is God who knows the whole situation and not us.
I think judging is the sin in this thread. Shame on anyone who has not been in a corrupt marriage and feels they have the right to judge!

I agree with you Ladywind7, where is grace in all of this?

We have to be careful when quoting scriptures that we don't turn into Bible bashers. The word kills but the spirit gives life, don't use the Word of God to condemn and bring judgement but to convict and bring forth life and hope. There is a big difference!

God wants His children to live in peace, it would be ludicrous to expect someone to stay in an abusive or unfaithful marriage (for example) because God does not like divorce. That is where we become legalistic, we bring people into bondage when Jesus came to set us free.

Rennz61's photo
Tue 04/07/15 10:13 PM
Edited by Rennz61 on Tue 04/07/15 10:51 PM
Posted below happy