Community > Posts By > real34

real34's photo
Wed 04/01/09 10:05 PM
First of all hello to everyone involved in this discussion.
I have a daughter that is 14 and when she was about 7 she was diagnosed with ADHD, high anxiety, and depression. For yrs she was on Zoloft, ritalin slow acting and fast acting, trazadone, risperdol..Life had it's ups and downs like everyone elses...But her depression seemed to get worse in January-February every year..So her doctor suggested a S.A.D. light...and as she ate her breakfast every morning this light would be on her...it helped her anyway.
But in the last 4 months she has decided to quit her meds and apart from pinning her down and stuffing the pills down her (which I doubt I could do anyway..because she is taller than me)LOL..I didn't know what do do..So we are all on the watch..for behavior change..and hell it makes it worse with teen girls with the PMS and all...it only makes things worse..depression wise.
Anyways I thought for the longest time that my kid was the only one with these HUGE issues..and I am glad to hear and see that there are places where you can talk about these such issues..