Community > Posts By > cyburpirate

cyburpirate's photo
Mon 11/09/09 09:48 AM
From my experience, limited though it is, one reason people reject the existence of God is because they reject the misrepresentation that is made by those who believe in God. That the salvation that is made available is by such narrow definitions that good and righteous people are damned to hell for lack of fitting those narrow definitions whatever they may be.

If God (whoever whatever God might be) sends good people to hell because of some lame criteria; then I don't need Him, I reject His very exisitence.

However, I find what I believe is a proper understanding of the Bible, removes this difficulty for many. YES the Bible says the way is narrow, but also that it is JESUS who will judge the thoughts and intents of the hearts of men, for he paid the price. Now the Jesus of the gospel is the Savior, one who Redeems. It is He alone that shall judge, and He will choose whom He will.

I believe we will be surprised to find out just how forgiving He is; and there will be people there from every tribe, every nation. I believe people will be there that dont fit our 'narrow' definition; people we feel certain are bound for hell for not meeting 'OUR' criteria.

I find when people understand that HE is the judge, and when they come to know HIM...then the reason for rejecting the existence of God is removed. When they understand that HE will choose whom HE will, and the people we wonder how God could send to hell...well, that is up to Him, and He is the REDEEMER (I believe I will see them among the chosen! not the condemmed).

That, I believe, is the God of the Bible; a God that does not need to be rejected because of our own foolish understandings and misrepresentations of God. One that can be received; thus removing the need and reasonable rejection of a lie...a narrow minded mis-interpretation of who God is.