TheManYourLooking4's photo
Mon 05/03/10 11:23 AM
This is something like what I was pointing out...That the "I love you" should be saved for people that you truly have a heart for...It should not become common place as it so often has become. I tell my friends that I love them because I truly do, but strangers whom I have never met it is impossible for me to love them. Too many people on these dating sites are hiding behind bravado of anonymity. They many times use a false injury or illness to seek attention to play on the sympathies of people who have a heart...I have seen this quite often. So please be careful of who you say those three very strong words to...happy

Mon 05/03/10 11:12 AM
You sound as though this has happened to you as well...is this that common? Wow...a lot of scary people out here!

Thanks.

flowerforyou

Mon 05/03/10 11:10 AM
Awesome reply my friend...thanks for your input!!

Mon 05/03/10 11:08 AM
Thank you...my concerns exactly...great advice!!

happy

Mon 05/03/10 11:06 AM
Thank you for your condolence...I see that people can be sincere when they tell you "I love you" without ever looking into your eyes and that there are degrees of love as you pointed out. But as you also pointed out, there are many insincere people here as well who will use those words with disregard and with malice. I am new to this online dating game and I just want to know the ground rules...Thanks again!

flowerforyou

Mon 05/03/10 01:04 AM
Thank you I think that so far this sums it up really well...Thanks:banana:

Mon 05/03/10 12:45 AM
First of "Thank You"happy

Second...but how do you know when the other person says they love you that they are sincere?brokenheart

Mon 05/03/10 12:37 AM
Not wanting to sound pessimistic but I have had so many women say "I love you" prior to even meeting them...how can you love someone sight unseen? I am a good man who never expected to be single this late in life but my wife passed away last year and here I am.

I guess that "I love you" has become so generic that it can be thrown around with such disregard. Has it become so stripped of passion that it is the same as saying "Hello"?

Thanks for any help that you can give me to understand this phenomenon..

TheManYourLooking4