Community > Posts By > KarenW8

KarenW8's photo
Sat 03/25/17 01:08 PM
Hows all the window shoppers today?
Thinking that my expectations on dating sites are "meeting and possibly dating". People spend way too much time guessing who they are dealing with with a flurry of cute emails, smiley faces, winks...etc. Makes me worry why people don't really talk anymore, instead we have invented a wonderful device called a "cell phone" and how do we use it? we send texts.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 03/24/17 10:12 AM
Interesting comment, so as were are open forum here maybe it's time for the guys to chime in a bit and express what they see as important in establishing a starting point in a conversation, meetup and a relationship.
Maybe, I just don't get it due to I am more used to dealing with women, than single men and I am not presenting myself in the best light that guys might find possibly appealing.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 03/24/17 09:47 AM
Totally agree, think a lot of guys have a template form letter and just take a quick look at the photos and determine their level of interest based entirely on looks.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 03/24/17 09:44 AM
I am on some other "pay" sites but the only difference is that most of the matches are local and you can actually meet face to face. But the same attitude exists as the guys really don't want an intelligent conversation. Lets face it at my age, it may not be possible to find someone who I can share time with.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 03/24/17 09:40 AM
Good rant and absolutely on point!

KarenW8's photo
Thu 03/23/17 02:33 PM
Ok, here's my observations about M2 so far..

Seems like I get a lot of activity on my photos and profile but I haven't seen any "real" potential. Most email's are almost "form" letters with the same old tiring questions and as I take the time to respond back with as much detail as I can muster, they usually don't write back.

At this point I think I would have better luck sitting at the wine bar and let the alcohol do it's magic.

Any thoughts, observations or rants..?

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/22/17 04:10 PM
now that's cute!

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/22/17 04:09 PM
Thanks, FINALLY someone understands my point of view.

KarenW8's photo
Tue 03/21/17 09:48 AM
Love your photo!
Yes, do understand that people are probably just being friendly and yup, no ring on finger does make it appear I am seeking friendship (or more) sitting by myself. Have since though about my original post and realized just how smug it make me sound. Have recently make a positive effort to converse an not be so sullen in the mornings. :smile:

KarenW8's photo
Tue 03/21/17 09:41 AM
Think I am just addicted to their coffee:smile:

KarenW8's photo
Tue 03/21/17 09:28 AM
Thank you Buddy, sometimes an honest opinion has it's merits. Have to admit my morning coffee experience has definitely changed.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/20/17 12:16 PM
Just a follow up on my original post:
After all the kind and (not so kind) reply's, I have decided that the overwhelming opinion is that I should lighten up a little and not present myself so self indulged as not to acknowledge people who are just trying to be friendly. This morning, I actually looked up and said good morning and smiled. The moment was quick and ended as fast as it started but I actually made an effort. Thanks to all for the great advice!

KarenW8's photo
Sun 03/19/17 10:31 AM
White silk top with a black skirt. Doing lunch with a friend today.

KarenW8's photo
Thu 03/16/17 10:08 AM
Your welcome to come over to my coffee place.

KarenW8's photo
Thu 03/16/17 10:07 AM
Hi Buddydrinker

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/15/17 05:28 PM
Wish I had you confidence level. My mom always worried about me being such a "wall flower" as a child. Seems when I do make contact with a smile or gesture, I totally loose track of what I was concentrating on at the moment and my frustration shows on my facial expression.

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/15/17 02:15 PM
Your only as young as you feel. I prefer to date guys close to my age but it's all about common interests to me.

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/15/17 02:12 PM
Looking at the kitchen and wondering how to get all the cleaning done done before my sister gets here this evening.

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/15/17 02:01 PM
It's very nice here today. Sunny and warm.

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/15/17 01:45 PM
I don't have any problem with small talk or even cute back and forth flirting. But, there are times that it becomes frustrating and because I can't bring myself to be rude with anyone I have to cut my quiet time short by dreaming up excuses to not converse. I pride myself on my social skills and can quickly make friends. Most guys don't understand that as females, we always have to be so careful not to send the wrong signals.