Community > Posts By > laurenisbitter

laurenisbitter's photo
Wed 11/14/07 06:48 PM
i love how as soon as you recommend that people should be less wasteful with oil everyone breaks out their sob stories with their 10 kids and arctic weather and 5am work start defending why they ABSOLUTELY HAVE to drive a big-ass truck or whatever.
i never said everyone needs to load their families onto a bicycle built for 5.

i just think that everyone needs to stop being so wasteful and be more conservation-minded by doing things like cutting out unnecessary driving, public transportation, carpooling, buying smaller more efficient cars, etc.

we're the only country that thinks we need to drive such inefficient vehicles so often. (it has something to do with the fact that gasoline is so crazy subsidized by the government..) the rest of the world manages to get by without all of our destructive habits

*and fyi ETHANOL is not the answer to our problems (um neither is taking it from other countries with the misguided notion that it's ours to take). currently it takes more fuel to produce the corn than you'll get FROM the corn

laurenisbitter's photo
Wed 11/14/07 06:30 PM
are you people for real?!! there is no question about global warming other than 'what are we going to do about it?'

i can't believe all of the time that's already been wasted trying to convince people who have no idea what they're talking about that this is actually happening! how can the same people who are so skeptical about scientific fact fail to question the walmartization of america and other mega-corporations that are simultaneously taking over and destroying the nation??

the earth's history IS full of warming and cooling cycles but there is a CATALYST behind ALL of them. the last warming phase of this magnitude was caused by the eruption of a mega-volcano. the current global warming is directly proportional to our greenhouse gas emissions from the last century.

it's not a "theory" that you should be putting in quotation marks. its goddamn real and the longer you ignorantly deny it the faster the irreversible consequences will occur.

it's certainly NOT a dumb joke about penguins and fishing. you're also not going to see obvious temperature changes until the continents have already sunken into the ocean. and if you're so goddamned cold maybe you should MOVE!

laurenisbitter's photo
Wed 11/14/07 06:07 PM
seriously we should be paying MORE to reflect the true price of oil!! i cant believe some of you are complaining for paying $100/tank. here's a thought.. maybe trade in your goddamned boat for something more energy efficient!

$0... i ride a bike

2 Next