Community > Posts By > blue_blade

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:29 AM
You ever think about why you like a particular movie?

I came on to thinking about The Shawshank Redemption and wondering why it was so good - not much really happens other than conversations but it's just a brilliant story and really well written.

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:26 AM
Hard Candy, seconded (or is is thirded??). Amazing film, especially the first time round. It's the sort of movie where everyone watching is hiding behind a pillow.

For tension, a lot of old Sci Fi (before big special efects and CG) does a good job, for example Alien had some great scenes

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:20 AM
I'll do one for you, seeing as I just found a great version -the Speed Racer theme:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AliffgdyOuI

Also cheers for putting up Green Hornet theme, great tune - used in Kill Bill if I'm not mistaken

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 09:59 AM
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 09:58 AM
Blink has gotta be the best epiode of the new series (since the revival in 2005). It was the first one to be properly scary without any monster costumes etc.

As far as companions, I really like Martha. Only a regular for one season but really made an impact.

The new doctor for the 2010 series as been announced, relative unknown Matt Smith - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(British_actor)

It's unusual to has someone with that little experience... let's hope he pulls it off

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 09:21 AM
I'm under 30...20 to be exact

this topic really isn't going anywhere fast, is it?

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 09:07 AM
Hi everyone, just came accross this site today, thought I may as well give it a go seeing as it's free biggrin

I was wondering how popular this site is with UK folks...seems to be mainly Americans around? I could be wrong though

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 08:59 AM
There's loads of great shows at the moment. To name a few...

Prison Break, 24, Heroes, House, Hustle, Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Is anyone excited about the return of Lost?

blue_blade's photo
Sun 01/18/09 08:55 AM
In response to Pete, Spaced is a quality series, easily as funy as Shaun of the Dead.

Anyone a fan of Nick Frost's stuf without Pegg? Like Hyperdrive or Man Stroke Woman.

2 Next