Community > Posts By > stacb

stacb's photo
Sat 03/14/09 06:16 AM
It's not something you can sum up in a few words, its everything. The way that they take what you taught them and learn from it in life. The way they stand strong during rough times. The way they grow and develop their own minds, but you still see the things you taught them standing strong. It's that no matter how old they are they still run to you when they need help. Being a parent is the Best thing in the world.

stacb's photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:23 PM
I just moved here not to long ago... Wish I would have had someone to guide me! The areas he gave you are the best, finding that around the medical area is not so bad. My girls go to Marshall High and Rhodes Elem. Both seem to be pretty good schools. My youngest is in the special ed program and they didn't waste a minute helping her get where she needed to be. STAY AWAY FROM SAM HOUSTON AND W W WHITE!

They are both located on the south side far from where your looking so shouldn't be a problem.. I'm not by any means against any schools, but reverse discrimination plays a big part in it. My kids went to the Sam Houston & W W White, and well they were the only White kids there. They didn't have a problem with it since we come from a diverse town, but the other students did. Moved on the other side of town as fast as we could.

Now we love it here and wouldn't go anywhere else for the time being. I have noticed that people here just seem more friendly and more apt to be concerned about each other. My new neighbors helped us move in! Little worried at first but it's just how they are here.

Stay in the Northside school district and you will be fine.

2 Next