Community > Posts By > TuffCowgirl

TuffCowgirl's photo
Fri 01/02/09 05:48 PM
Thanks yall

TuffCowgirl's photo
Fri 01/02/09 05:23 PM
I'm trying to add a new photo but when I do-it tells me that I have no photo after I upload it

TuffCowgirl's photo
Fri 01/02/09 12:50 PM
That's just nasty! I don't know why anyone would want to eat a horse-thats just wrong to me.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Fri 01/02/09 11:26 AM
If you were talking to me,I own one Quarter-Horse mare.I've been riding sice I was four.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:46 PM
I bet that's a funny photo

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:38 PM
I have spent my hole life around horses-when I was little all we had was Quater-Horses,so that was what type of horse I have always had.what type of storys do yall have dealing with horses? I can rember geting my ear bit off by my first horse-let me just tell you I done anything to be near a horse when I was little.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:31 PM
Anyone own/like horses? I own a horse-her name is Honey.she's an older horse-she used to run barrels in 4-H.I run barrels with Honey.
This isn't an answer to your question but I love Honey! What a sweet darling! Poor thing..our critters have to put up with Santa hats, lol! I like her. happy
thank you! I did not have any christmas photos made,so I just bought a hat and I was feeding one day and went in and got it and put it on honey.she seemed to know I was takeing her photo.I have a photo of honey smileing to.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 11:53 AM
Since most of yall r new to horses let me help yall out here with what's what. A stallion-thats a male horse of any breed that has not been cut and that is used to breed mares. A mare-thats a female horse,she can have babys and when u breed her,it takes 11 months for the foal to be born. A gelding-its a male horse who has been cut. A filly-thats a young mare that has not yet had a baby-but you can't breed them untill she gets up in years like say 4. A colt-thats a young stallion.
huh Hmmmm.... I didn't get that "most" were new to horses at all. Most folks responded very knowledgebly in fact... Some are even obviously near experts on the matter. And if you're going to define a gelding as a male horse that hasn't been "cut", you should also elaborate what "cut" means to the unitiated beginner. A gelding is a male horse that's been castrated. And not all mares can have "babies". Some can not due to past or current medical problems. Hey thanks for helping me out-i ment to say all that but I just said it like I learned it.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 11:23 AM
I have always been around horses. Like to trailride . [/quote. ]Trail-rideing is a lot of fun,I went on a trail-ride in november it was really good to let my mare do something else besides ruining barrels.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 11:18 AM
Since most of yall r new to horses let me help yall out here with what's what. A stallion-thats a male horse of any breed that has not been cut and that is used to breed mares. A mare-thats a female horse,she can have babys and when u breed her,it takes 11 months for the foal to be born. A gelding-its a male horse who has been cut. A filly-thats a young mare that has not yet had a baby-but you can't breed them untill she gets up in years like say 4. A colt-thats a young stallion.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 07:00 AM
Krimsa if you get a mare that is in her 20s usely by that time they no longer come into heat-if they do they don't stay in heat for very long.yes stallions are not for anyone who is just starting out on horses.I've had a gelding he was nice to have-dont have to worry about comeing into heat or breeding with him.the mare I have now she's 20 years old and is just wonderful.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Wed 12/31/08 06:52 AM
I don't know who thought a stallion would be ok for a kid to ride-but that's wrong.a stud can hurt you more then a mare or a gelding.a stud-the young ones.all have one thing in mind breeding and only that.the best ones to start out on is an older horse-if its a mare-get one that's passed the stage where they come into heat(that would be in they're 20s) horses can live to be 30 years old-if its a gelding I'd get one that's been on lots of trail-rides and is broke.my mare she's 20 years old-and is too old to have any babys-shes been around a stud and is ok.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 11:29 PM
Goodnite yall-i can't take it anymore I need sleep

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 11:07 PM
Yes I can't-im in the bed and watching the golden girls.I'm gonna get up in the moring to feed my horse,but so far I can't sleep.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 10:25 PM
Laura10-if u want a good start in horses,a good old good broke horse would help-i perfur quater-horses cuz of theyr gentle way.but if you like other breeds that's kool-the main point is that you get a well broke horse that will not buck,and that is gentle.I would not get the first thing I saw-i have done that-bad idea to do that.take ur time the right horse will come along

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:29 PM
I have been rideing since I was 4-i grew up around Quarter-Horses and I love the breed! Honey she's a Quarter-Horse.I've always wanted a horse that would do the all-around stuff-Honey she runs barrels and poles and she pleaures also.I had an Quater-Horse gelding that we had to put to sleep in 05 due to blindess-it was sad but it was the best thing to do.I've gotten hurt with horses but I still ride-and wanted to ride after I got hurt.I just love to ride that's what I love to do.if anyone who is new to horses and has some things to ask,I'd be glad to help.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 07:56 PM
Anyone own/like horses? I own a horse-her name is Honey.she's an older horse-she used to run barrels in 4-H.I run barrels with Honey.

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 07:46 PM
Thanks

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:51 PM
Thanks for the reply-may god bless u and ur family

TuffCowgirl's photo
Tue 12/30/08 12:45 PM
Thanks yall